S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
depends of how good of a job you want...and who you can find to paint it...could cost anywhere from $99 at maaco or $3000 for a show quality (or close to)

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
IMO anything less then about `1800 will be crap. I would pay about 3000 or maybe more for a good one. I have seen paint jobs go as high as about 50,000. (chip foose charges that, if you dont know who is his do some google research and find out who he is)

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
it depends alot of the time the get you good on the prep work cause that takes hours to do and that time adds up quick. if you do the prep work yourself itll shave a good chunk of cash off the paint job. But theres also a trick to this is you do the prep work most times the painting place wont warranty the paint job.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
offthehook said:
but chip works on vehicles that are out of this world the grand master is so nice i would die to have it
Yep, I would love to have any vehicle that he has laid his hands on. I would guess that his STARTING price would be around 50k for paint.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
TruStinger said:
it depends alot of the time the get you good on the prep work cause that takes hours to do and that time adds up quick. if you do the prep work yourself itll shave a good chunk of cash off the paint job. But theres also a trick to this is you do the prep work most times the painting place wont warranty the paint job.
I hate when people say do the prep work and save money. The prep is the hardest, and most time consumeing part of painting a car. If you can prep a car the correct way then you would be an idiot to pay someone to paint it. Anyone that can prep a car for paint the proper way would also be able to paint. It like saying a heart surgeon wouldnt know what kind of excercise to do to keep his heart healty.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
I will do it for 3gs. Where do you live?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts