S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front and rear? If I were to add 2" spindles wouldnt there be atleast 5" of travel on the front end? I hear about some of you lowering your trucks 5/6 and 6/7, how much travel is left after that? I'm only going 3/4 because I drive my truck daily and everywhere...

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i havent heard of a 6/7 drop. the typical slam jobs are 4/5 and 5/6.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Measure above the tire in front to the top of the wheel well, that is the spot that gets close, a 4" drop is not be a problem on mine, and I am running a taller than stock tire, (225/70/15) Also they get close at the rear of the wheelwell on full turns. I would remove the rear bumpstop brackets if you go 3" or deeper drop.

·
Registered
745 Posts
drop

I am running 2 in. spindles and 1 in.springs .I had 2 in.springs but with the added weight of the v-8 ,I changed them.There was only a half inch travel left before it hit the bump stop.You need to take into consideration ,your tire size also.my tires are 225/40 18s and are even with the outside of the fender well.If I cut the bump stop off I would probally rub the tires in the turns.The three in.drop in front will get you noticed and you won't have any drivability problems.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ended up using 2" spindles and a 1" spring, 3" block (will pull aleaf this week). I have bottomed out the front, but that was at 80mph on the freeway. I really like the ride alot, and am glad I chose 3/4 over 2/3 and 4/5. It looks pretty mean at 3/4 and is still functional. (able to drive at same speeds w/o drop). Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
745 Posts
springs

Before you pull a spring ,why dont you look into some 3in.drop springs for the back and you will get better handeling at the same time.Western sells eibach springs,(some of the best drivin cars in the world are delivered with them).I dont remember them bein too expensive.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did and would have liked to but after the rims, tires, springs, spindles, blocks, alignment... Maybe next month. :)
I havent experienced bad wheel hop yet, but I have been nicer to my truck since the upgrade.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
i dont understand something here, i have skid plates on my frame, and my frame is about an inch or so off the ground, my drop is 9" in front and 7" in the rear, and i have upgraded stock 15's, for the moment, i have no problem driving around as long as its flat, but the wheel clearence thing you all are talking about and the wheel travel thing, im not understanding why there is a problem. let me know what problem you are having so i can understand what you are talkin about, thanks steve

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm referring to the amount of space between the top of the tire and the top of the fender well. Do you have fender wells? I would think with a 9" drop your tires would be above the hood.. frame 1" off the ground? I wouldnt think there would be any travel left after 9".

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
thats what i was thinkin, now i understand. no my tires are still in the fenders, but very close to inner fender. im getting it baged in a month, so i can put the envoy kit on when it comes

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet sounds cool... Got any pics of it now, I'd like to see a drop that low w/o bags. :thumbup:

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
there will be as soon as i get over to my friends house, hes got the scanner, so id say by the weekend it will be on here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts