S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i dont know much about air bags and later on after i get my rims and everythnig i want to bag it so it lays frame, the rims will be 20". I know i will like have to tube the firewall and cut out the fender wheels, but can anyone give me a rough estimate on how much everythngi would be, i dont know about 2 links or 4 links or anythngi like that, so idk what i will need, please help me out and maybe list all the parts, and stuff i will be buying everythnig from SD :) so please help a brotha out thanks

ps im trying to do this as cheaply as i can thanks

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
are u gonna weld it yourself or hire someone to do it cause that will cost alot right there but u can get the s-10 front special and if u dont wanna link it right away u can do air over leaf which is 250 from air ride tech. or a link from suicidedoors

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i will prolly have someone i know do it, so about how much would everythnig cost, also i dont want anythngi fancy it will all be under a toneau cover, but i do want it semi clean

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much would a complete kit be jsut to bag not to lay frame but like jsut to set the wheel wells on the wheel and stuff jsut a trgular bag kit with everythnig need jsut put it on and your bagged, where could i get that thats a fairly cheap price

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Lets put it this way...
I was given a quote of $4400 to do a full bag job layed out on 20s.
Oh..That was with me supplying everything except rear link, notch, cups, lines, tubs and fittings.

It was from one of the best shops around and its in california, so it might be on the higher side, but I doubt it'll vary a whole lot from that.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Phontain said:
Lets put it this way...
I was given a quote of $4400 to do a full bag job layed out on 20s.
Oh..That was with me supplying everything except rear link, notch, cups, lines, tubs and fittings.

It was from one of the best shops around and its in california, so it might be on the higher side, but I doubt it'll vary a whole lot from that.
yeah damn the guy i went to was gonna charge 2-3k for mine...

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Expect to pay $1,500-2,500 for parts.
If you're going to have a shop do it expect to pay them $1,500-2,500 for their work.

I have a friend who was charged $1900 to lay his 01 Noma out on 20's all around and that DID NOT include parts. He had to buy them himself.

First and foremost, do some searches on this forum, read the stickies, and check out www.bagginit.com That's one of the best (if not the best) websites for learning about air suspension. Once you think you've got an idea of what you want, check out www.suicidedoors.com They've got *almost* everything you'll need to bag your truck.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im jsut gonna do a regluar bag job without removing fenders and all that,negitive switches told me it would be about 2000 installed for a basic bag job is that good, does that sound right

·
Tommy
1,465 Posts
seriously man search, new post everyday on this. but anyways, read up on the forum and if you just want a basic set up look into the airbar for the rear and an SD front special and do it yourself, very simple install.

·
The pimpdizzle
1,715 Posts
All my bag stuff together came to less than $2000. s10forum front special plus fittings and upgrades came to close to $1000 and the rear is Airlifts Slamair (The exact same thing as ART airoverleaf buts only $170) on a 2 leaf setup. It was really not hard to setup but it was quite time consuming because there are so many little things to do.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright thanks im gona hit up negative switches when i have the moeny hes gonna help me out, i cant wait

·
YOU ARE GAY
1,781 Posts
is that 2000 just to install it if its just too install it it sounds right but with everything you need it doesnt really sound right make sure what you are gatting is worth it youll regret it in the long run and you probaly know this that if you dont cut it up it will sit at a shitty angle when aired all the way down

·
Killin' it Kustoms
1,137 Posts
ive spent about 4g's on mine. and i did everything myselfe. firewall was the only thing done profesionaly. that was about 6-700 i dont remember. ive spent so much becuse i bought the fbi crappy "lightning" air kit and ive replace everything but the valves and tank. i have ss bags at all corners, art control arms, 3 link, monster notch, 2 viar 380's, all hardlined, and then crossmembers, fixing exahust. so it will lay frame. i bumpstoped it up when i put the kit back on. so try not to do it cheap, it will come back around and bite your ass, and make you dish out more money to fix it. do it right then you can leave it alone.

josh

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
" i bumpstoped it up when i put the kit back on." read man....haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts