S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to dearch my mono-leaf...just curious what shops chrage for a job like this...if i take the leafs off myself and take them in. ANy help would be great...thanks guys!!!.....WILLIE

·
body dragger
601 Posts
not really to sure, but the shop i took mine to originally wanted like 30 or 40 dollars, but then said they wouldn't do it because they didn't want me to have "an unsafe ride". Shouldn't be much more than that though. later.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody else know about an estimate for de-arching a mono-leaf???

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Call up a shop and ask??? perhaps?? That would make sense to me, anyway. And i wouldn't run a mono. Get the long one dearched and run a bi-leaf setup. Use the longest one, and the overload leaf (the really short straight one)

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
How about none. Don't de-arch just one spring and run it. That's just stupid and you're asking for your vehicle to break and through you in circles.

Are you running a mono-leaf bag setup or what?

Nate

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya.,..i'm runnign a mono-leaf bag setup. I know a couple guys running a mono-leaf and they have had them for about a year and half...no problems. And for now a mono will get the job done till i get a 4-link. I still need spindles and some stuff...so mono it is for now. thanks guys....WILLIE

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Pssst said:
ya.,..i'm runnign a mono-leaf bag setup. I know a couple guys running a mono-leaf and they have had them for about a year and half...no problems. And for now a mono will get the job done till i get a 4-link. I still need spindles and some stuff...so mono it is for now. thanks guys....WILLIE
just b/c they haven't had a problem, doesn't mean you won't. i'm not saying you will, but i'm not saying you won't either.

just play it safe. get the longest leaf dearched, and bolt the shortest leaf back on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts