S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
-Keep it Clean-
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got a magna flow single in dual out, and a magnaflow high flow cat, both are 2.5 in and out

i want to have the entire stock pipes taken out and new ones from the headers back i guess

what all does this involve and how much should it cost to have it done? mandrel bent btw

also, is there a better way of doing this and is replacing the entire pipe pointless and too expensive?

thanks

·
32,805 Posts
offthehook said:
i think it help having bigger pipes to mandrel bend it takes some time so for the whole thing it will be around 300
That's only if you go to one of those over-priced rip-off bullshltting "performance" places.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
do you have actual headers, or just the stock manifold? if headers, bigger pipes (2.5" is about max, or there's too much flow, lose torque) will give you a lot better gains, especially with freeflowing exhaust (that seems comtradictory, i know). mandrel bending is the best way to go, and if you have the muffler and cat, the pipes and welding shouldnt cost that much. also a lot of states dont allow exhaust shops to take working cat's off, so take a hammer to it and say you hit some rocks, ect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts