1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much does a 350 conversion cost for an 98 s10

·
Registered
433 Posts
honestly....

1st ask yourself if you want to do it right

your question is way too vauge... expect anywhere from a min of $2000 to as much as you can imagine.
chris

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmmm

what kinda v-8? Injected? LT-1? LS-1? In Cali, I know youcant run anything older than the truck, and you have to run full smog equip-at least till its smog checked... To do a nice injected v-8 swap(I'm talking with the cheapest LT-1 you can find, and anything less is a waste of time) I'm thinking more around 3500 to 4000-JUST IN PARTS! I am assuming you are talking doing the labor yourself. You will need the appropriate wiring harness(just save yourself the headache, and buy a new oe for your truck), the appropriate trans(4l60e) motor mounts, headers and exhaust(with cats), etc...etc...More realistically, you are looking at closeto 5000 for a nice job. Of course, some goon is gonna get on here, and tll you how that price is ovrinflated, bt I am realistic, and I knowhat QUALITY jobs cost....

·
32,797 Posts
There's a lot of shops in S. CA that'll do it. Pick up one of the local speed papers/mags and look for shops. Try DRIVE mag.

And you can always get around the smog checks:thumbup:

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so im guessing its a lot for someone else to install it:cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts