S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay right now i am pounding out the dents from the under side of my bed and the front panel.
I was wondering how much do the sprayin liner kits fill or hit the dings and dents?? I bought a hippo kit and plan on spraying it with white as my color.
DO i have to only fill the bigger dents, with filler? what should i expect from the spray in liner kit. thanks

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
all liners are different, but mine is about 3/16" thick.

If you were to spray it over dents, I have a feeling you would still see the dent because the same amount of liner is going to be in the dent as well as around it. so you would just be building up everything at the same time.

Im dont know about using filler under the liner, it should be ok. you might want to check out if the liner will react with the filler or make it release from the metal. It probably wont, but just to be sure.

The spray in liner does make dents less noticeable. all the texture and the fact that its not shiny helps 'hide' the dents

·
Registered
211 Posts
i'd say just bang your dents out as best you can, of course clean the whole bed and get it sprayed. as mentioned, the liner will for the most part 'hide' the dents. i wouldn't bother with any filler. when the liner is sprayed in, it will adhere to the shapes of the bed...more than likely you won't be able to tell where they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts