S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just lowered my truck with 3inch lowering springs and was wondering if this is more than 3 inches.....maybe the owner before me put in drop spindles...i know the back need to be droped also but i ran out of time..

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man i drove to work tonight an i was rubbing my fender wall with my tire over every bump..i need to get smaller profile tire..

Attachments

·
Insert catchy saying here
1,311 Posts
Actually, with the front dipped down like that you can run into it from the stress on the front tires. I got an 03 Ext. Cab and we did 2" drop spindles in the front and it got dark before we got the 3" blocks in the rear. On our test drive the front was rubbing like a byach, but once we leveled it out, no more problems!!!(Except the wheel bearings we over tightened...but you live and you learn!) Once you get the back dropped you should be fine.

·
Registered
920 Posts
jack your truck up, and look up into the top of the fenderwell in front
remove the bolt at the top, it'll reduce some of the scrubbing, when i had my 4/4 and stockers i was mainly rubbing on that one bolt when i took it out it was alot better

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when i had it at stock height it was at 28 in the front and 29 in the back then i look out two leafs in the rear and it leveled it out...then i got my 3inch coils in and the front is at 25 and i havent measured the rear cause its snowing...ill get some picks when it clears up in the next couple of days.

·
bumpin' hard, drivin' fast, and looking good
526 Posts
where did u get the grille from? and how much?

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
kidintraffic said:
if youre rubbing, its probably more like a 4inch drop....thats if those are stock tires.
Yea that has to be more then 3inches in front. im at three in front right now with my stock 215/75/15s i believe and there is no rubbing at all

·
526 Posts
geez, ANYONE no where i can get a phantom grille online? THANKS

·
526 Posts
thanx : )

·
Registered
475 Posts
Mine is a 3/4 drop, and i rarely rub the fronts.....only from a really hard hit or bump etc. However, mine is 2" spindle and 1" spring. Keep in mind that the springs often settle and give you up to an extra inch of drop. Once you get the back down you shouldn't have any problems.

Eric

1 - 20 of 32 Posts