S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has put the most miles on a CMFI powered s10, sonoma, blazer or jimmy with little to no problems other than the egr?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I briefly had a 95 Jimmy CPI with 120k on it, ran nice but the injector had probably been replaced at some point.

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
1993 Jimmy. 183K but won't run after sitting in my garage for a year and a half.

Oh, I've had a leaky injector since 160K and I've changed the oil twice since it started. Either way my oil instantly goes to gas. I'll have to get it fixed this time around, but it's a testament as to how durable these motors are. I highly reccomend not doing this, but apparently someone that worked on it before had rounded off a couple bolts with what I would guess to be an impact.

I added a quart of oil once a month, and she ran fine. I'm sure my bearings are probably toast, but I'll probably need another project in the future anyways.

Oh, and I've seen quite a few S-series in the junk yard with over 200K on the clock.

·
Registered
190 Posts
had 107 000 miles on it. it was leaking but it wasnt bad. The problem was the fuel pump but I replaced the injector and Nut kit cause I was already tearing apart the upper so i figured do it now or 6 months from now
Rob

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
220K on a 94, that i've owned since new, changed the spider for the first time at 210K, replaced the fuel pump at 205K, cleaned the EGR valve once in all that time. Other than tune ups, oil changes, and filters, It has gotten no other work

·
RaMaPhOnE
83 Posts
I cleaned my CPI unit at 180000km, among damn near every other part on my Blazer between then and 226350km when i realized that driving 100kms with a dented and leaking gas tank as well asa a failed fuel pressure regulator caused an overloading of fuel and washed the bearings.

I have a new engine now!

·
now XTREME
1,888 Posts
mine blew up at 145,000 replace it and i got 155,000 so 10,000 on the new 1

·
1995 Chevy S10 SS
25 Posts
135,000 Miles on my 1995 SS S-10 CPI. I have replaced the EGR Valve, Water Pump,CPI Unit,and just replaced the Fuel Pump. Other then that,ive done just the regular tune up, Air Filters,batteries,belts and of course Oil Changes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
102,000 miles on mine, Ive only owned it since 91,000 miles. No problems except a misfire, I powerwashed under the hood and got water in the cap. I just ordered a complete accel tune up kit and coil to fix that problem, if it breaks, upgrade it, lol. Other then that, no problems YET!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
i got a 94 its got 88,000 miles on it and i changed the CPI twice and the fuel pump twice

·
Registered
212 Posts
have 1918xx on my 1997 balzer and am researching the part numbers that go with the spider as i think it and the distributor need replacing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts