S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i'm wondering how many litres or gallons in my gas tank?(sonoma 97 2.2l x-cab)

my fuel gage does not work,

it reads always full, any idea what's the problem , fuel sender unit ?

·
Hello there!
5,227 Posts
Owners manual says 19 gallons but I can't fill it any higher then 16 gallons. It's probably the fuel sender unit that has gone out or it has gotten hung up. The fuel sender unit come with a fuel pump in an assembly and are 300 dollars.

·
child at heart
1,546 Posts
my 98 has a 19 gal tank and it will hold every bit of too. almost found out the hard way once when it sputtered into a gas station, 18.9 gal later it was filled to the very top of the neck.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
im not sure... whatever mine is it aint that big anymore... its got a huugge fvcking dent in it

·
Super Moderator
20,517 Posts
I was on the E line and filld it up wit 14.7gal, the fuel lines can hold total of a gal so tht gits ya another 20-35miles dependn on yer miles per gallon average

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Badarse98sdime said:
I was on the E line and filld it up wit 14.7gal, the fuel lines can hold total of a gal so tht gits ya another 20-35miles dependn on yer miles per gallon average
good to know. probably not the best on your fuel pump. infact i know its not good on your fuel pump. lol but just incase i guess.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i just filled up and it took 16.7 but i kept filling after it 'clicked' or stopped pumping.

so im a 16 gallon tank too.

i figured out that each line on the fuel level is a gallon. next time the needle is at like a the 3rd line see how many gallons u put in and see how many lines it goes up.

an my guage stopped working too. once i get less than a half tank it doesnt work, it says i have 3/4 of a tank

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
xtrememeasures10 said:
Mine will only hold about 13 for some reason. 97 2.2L 5spd 2X4. Anyone know if its suppose to be 13?
lol... you have a dent in your tank like me? :rotf:

·
Completly Useless Truck
2,489 Posts
my tank will hold 18 if i get really low, but then have never run out either...
usually i never let it get that low... And no dents...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts