S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many different suspension systems are there for the 2 wheel S10?

I have a 99 S10 that sits pretty high, almost as high as a 4x4. The was a conmercial lease vehicle with a 4 cy and full instructmentation.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I believe there were 3 suspensions. The Z85 "Smooth Ride" standard suspension, the "Heavy Duty" suspension(don't know the option code off hand), and the ZQ8 sport suspension. My 98 Sonoma 4 banger has the "smooth ride" suspension and it sits higher than hell in the front. It seriously looks like a 4x4 with my agressive snow tires on it!

·
Cheezeit9
364 Posts
the heavy duty is probably the ZR2

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Cheeze00018 said:
the heavy duty is probably the ZR2
ZR2 is the 4x4 wide track high rider heavy duty suspension. He was asking about 2wd suspensions. There is a heavy duty suspension for the 2wd's. I just don't remember what the RPO code for it is.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That Z85 "Smooth Ride" suspension does sit pretty high. I like it. I just put some Dunlop Radial Rover A/T's on mine and it look really nice. I put the white letters out though....Sometimes I wish I had gone with the blackwalls....oh well.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Problem is mine sits higher in the front than in the rear. It did some when I bought it but does even more now that I have 200 pounds of weight in the back for winter. I'm lowering it in the spring so it won't matter after then. I had thought about lifting it but a 4 banger can't move the tires that are on it stock, let alone bigger off road ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts