S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 98 S-10 SS (with the zq8 ) and i am wanting a nice, even, and low stance. However i do not want to be avoiding every little bump in the road. I race often and would like a lower yet functional drop for my street and strip s-10. I'm thinking i would like a 2' 3' but is that low enough. I want my front and rear at an even height without all the damn space between the tires and the fender. Money is not a big issue i just want it done right. I want to go with beltech but dont know which parts i need (what size blocks, coils if any, spindles, leaf springs, shocks)

ABOVE ALL I WANT IT TO LOOK MEAN

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
since the truck has a ZQ8 suspension on it, that means its lowered with 1.5" drop springs in the front, and 1.5" drop leaf springs in the rear. your best bet would to order a belltech 2" drop spindle for the front, and a 3" block kit for the rear. that would be about as low as you would want to go, with out having to worry about every bump in the road. in the rear you would want to remove the bumpstop bracket to increase the suspenion travel. and as for shocks, if the ones you have now are good, then theres no need to replace them, the mounting points do not change with spindles and blocks.... now if they are worn out... just replace them with some belltech drop shocks.. or similar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts