S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a 2/2 drop...kinda high..this weekend i got some 17's with 215/40/r17 on it and i have some open wheel wells to say the least....what could i do to remedy this problem...should i lower a 2 inches or would 1 more inch to the trick?? should i get tire with a bigger sidewall?? or should i do both?? it looks really ***....soo...oh i also rub in the front when i have the wheel all the way turned how would i correct that???...i think the wheel hits the a-arm...soo...any help would be good...would i rub more if i went down 2 more inches?? or what?? Any help would be appreciated!
thanks
Kenny

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Kenny.....it's your truck.....what we think doesn't matter....if you only go 1 more inch cause some guy on the forum says 1 inch and it turns out that you really like a 2 inch drop you will have wasted your money! You make the call...only you know what will make you happy! And beside..if all of us only did to our trucks what a majority on us like...we would all have the exact same truck.....YUK!

As for the tires hitting the A arm....put your truck up on jackstands jack the tire up to ride height with a floor jack and see where the tire hits and how bad it hits...may be just a little grinding is necessary to correct it!

Good luck with the mods!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
for a 215 40 17 you need at least a 5 6 drop. if its a 7 inch rim get 235 45 17 at the most if its a 8 inch rim get 245 45 17 all around

7 inch rim 4 inch bs 8 inch rim 4.5 bs the above set up is fine

i would retrun them say they ride really bad and your not happy with them lol 215 40 17 and even a 4 5 drop you need more drop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts