S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
She's in need!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering how low my truck really is. I think I read somewhere that you can take the height of a stock truck from the ground to the fenders and subtract the height of your truck. I have air shocks though so should I let the air out then measure, fill them up all the way or maybe leave it in-between like they are now. Is this the way to do it and if it is does anyone know the height of a stock 95 s10 4.3L extended cab?

I need to know cuz I am trying to buy some nitro drop shocks but they asked how much my truck was lowered and I don't know. I do have a 4 inch block in the back and I pulled the center leaf. I'm pretty sure the front has lowering coils and no spindles. I had a shop lower the front for me because I was new at the whole lowering thing.

If you guys need a pic I can post one. It might take a day or two cuz I have to develop them.

Thanks

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
If you have 4" blocks in the back and your truck sits pretty level then they probably lowered then front 3". I have the 3/4 drop and when I ordered my drop shocks I just told them I had a 4/5 drop. That way if I decided to go any farther in the future the shocks would still work. They worked fine with my setup so they should work with yours. BTW, what brand of shocks are you getting?

·
She's in need!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on going with nitro drop shocks because alot of people say they are good quality. I will get the 4-5 shocks instead of the 0-2 shocks because I do kinda want a stiffer ride. Bad news though now I have to wait a paycheck to get the shocks thought because I got a ticket last night for racing one of my buddies. At least I was in front when the cop caught us.lol Thanks for your help.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
If you have 4 inch blocks with a spring taken out thats probably a 5 inch drop in the back... If your truck sits level then its more than likely a 4/5 drop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts