S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, here's the deal. im to poor to buy new rims, but i want it to sit lower. I'm ridin on the factory rims and tires right now(205/70R/15) I don't know s*** about this, so if someone could also tell me the best way(springs, spindles, blocks etc.) i would be very grateful. thanks

later

·
POOR BOY
33 Posts
What kind of look do you want??? Slammed or just a basic drop???You need to find out what look youre after and work from there.Look around the board and find out what kind of drop you want.
For a basic drop where you dont have clearence problems and is the cheapest. Go with 3" coil springs up front and 4" ANGLED blocks out back.....The only extra part youll need to buy is lowered shocks for the front. Thats the most you can go if you go the cheap way.
Thats the drop I have but with 2" spindles and 1" coil springs for the front, In the rear I have 3" leafs and a 1" block. This one is slightly more expensive but worth it.
There are so much possibilitys!!!
Just remember the lower you go the more money you will have to spend!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what i'm looking for!

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Spindles are nice because you dont lose any wheel travel and get 2" drop from them. Then you can use springs to lower your truck to desired height. I'm at 3/4 now w. spindles and 1" spring.. plan on going another 2 inches with a 3" spring for a 5" drop up front while only losing 2-3" travel not 5" of travel. Springs are less of a drop than indicated but ofcourse are cheaper. Typically a 1" spring is good for .5-.75" a 2" spring 1.25-1.75" 3" spring 2"-2.75" etc.. btw the springs are model specific (4 cyl - 6cyl)
Good Luck!

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I'd go with spindles and blocks. If you're going for price only, though, then coils are cheaper than spindles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts