S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a 95 4 door V-6 jimmy and i have been in the s-10 scene for 7 years and had 4-5 drop on it. I was wondering what kind of kits ther are out ther for blazers or if they are the same as the kits for the s-10. I found a bolt in notch on suicide doors which I am sure is a definate for the rear. If anyone has some pics or know where I can find some pics of dropped blazers, I'd highly appreciate it.

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
most dudes go as low as a 5/6.. but if you get 3inch drop coils for the front. get it for the 4 banger... and you could theoretically do a 6/6 or 6/7 drop.. prepare to bottom out like its noones business.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I love the stance and ride was't too rough with the 4-5 on the s-10 but I assume the blazer weighs a bit more. Do you know how low I can go with the bolt in notch safely??? If I could go 4-5 safely.... That would definately be the plan.

·
SFBD 5.0 Bravada
56 Posts
i asked this same question like a week ago and got no response lol so i guess ill watch this thread haha...

i was thinkin about getttin the bolt-in notch from sd.com but i didnt know if would be sufficient enough to slam it once i got 20's.

·
BUT I WONT PUT IT HERE
8,150 Posts
yeah id like to know how low you can go and still get a decent ride but not cut anything except the bumpstops

p.s. morgen you totaly stole my avaitor

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
PS i think suicide doors stole our idea first..

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think you can go 4/5 no problem and some guys go 5/6. i have a 95 4dr 4x4 and i have a 4/4. it rides real tight and i like it. try the 4/5 and see how it is, you can always go lower. look in the classified section for used or new parts. always good deals there. i come here alot and you will find alot more blazers at blazinlow.com.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
A 95 Jimmy should have identical front suspension to an S-10. They changed from the spindles outwards in 98. For the rear, I think the leafsprings are different as well. You can easily do a 5" drop and still ride very nice. You could use 4-cyl S-10 coils for more drop, but expect it to bottom out all the time and probably ride like shit.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had a 5/6 on my 2000 blazer 2 door, but the drop was ghetto and instead made it a belltech 3/4. the 5/6 will be good, just be sure to get a good brand like belltech, if you get some cheap brand, then cheap is what you get.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was also wondering and I am sure it has been asked, does anyone know if I go 4/5 with the notch should I still be able to ride on 20's????? I know rubbing on lock is guaranteed but could it actually roll???

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
You'd be rubbing a bit at full lock, but you should be fine. The big issue would be backspacing, rim width, and tire size. I'd recommend probably a 245/35-R20. Any smaller and you'll taco your wheels on a daily basis.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
I wouldn't trust a local tire/rim shop too far. It'd be impossible for them to know every rim that fits every car, and they likely don't specialize in S-Series trucks. Check in the tires/rims section of this forum. There's a sticky there about proper width and backspacing. I'd say probably a 20x8 with 4.5 backspace or 20x8.5 with a 5" backspace would probably do the trick for ya, but double check there before you order your rims.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts