S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just wondering how low can a 4x4 4.3 be dropped before i start having problems. how low can i safely drop it ?
2/3 ????
3/4 ????
4/5 ????

i still don't know which model i want but it will be a 94 - 00

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mine is dropped 2/2. I didn't use any kits other than some blocks for the rear. Belltec makes a kit for S10's which includes some different torsion bar keys. They warn about about not going any lower than 3 inches in the front. You probably could go lower but I think you will be asking for trouble from the CV joints.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Mine is also dropped. But mine is a 4/3 where Zac's is 2/2, thats because I had a heavier suspension than he had stock. Both are the same height. CV joints arent really to much and issue, your problem lies in the fact they dont make a torsion bar set-up that will go any lower than what we have. So its pointless to have it any other way unless you dont mind having the rear lower than the front, because it can be lowered as far as any truck in the rear, just not the front.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
you can always re- index the torsion bars

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts

·
538 Posts
probably could be done but why would you want to?

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
you guys know how the sy/ty are lowered? i think they have more than a 2/2 dop. maybe you could go that route, and get the lowering parts fom gm.

·
538 Posts
ok heres something thats been buggin me for awhile, why cant anyone post 4x4 questions in the 4x4 forum

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why can't.....

ONEBDGMC said:
ok heres something thats been buggin me for awhile, why cant anyone post 4x4 questions in the 4x4 forum

good point
it'd kinda like people answering questions to a post with other questions, huh? if they don't have any answers then don't post. don't you hate that too?

ONEBDGMC said:
probably could be done but why would you want to?

·
538 Posts
step up nooob!

im just tryin to help you out, so you dont look stupid.

oh btw, maybey you should read the whole thread. i told you about re-indexing torsion bars.

but really im curious, why would u want a 6/6 drop on a 4x4?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
step up noob ?

ONEBDGMC said:
step up nooob!

im just tryin to help you out, so you dont look stupid.

oh btw, maybey you should read the whole thread. i told you about re-indexing torsion bars.

but really im curious, why would u want a 6/6 drop on a 4x4?

maybe you should read the thread too. i just wanna know what my options are before i make a purchase. did i ever say "can i do a 6/6 drop?" nope. i just wanna know how low i can go, doesn't mean i'm gonna go that low.
i appreciate your kindness in looking out for me and not making me look stupid but i think i'll be fine as long as i don't get anybody trying to start internet fights with me and telling me to step up and calling me a newbie....lol
if this post bothers you so much by being here then i'm sure you can move it over to your 4x4 forum with your super moderator powers

internet fighting is like the special olympics you know.........even if you win you're still retarded. :D

·
538 Posts
i didnt think you wanted a 6/6 drop i was replying to another post where someone else had said they had seen one and was just wondering why anyone would do that?

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
ladies calm down now , if i new it was gonna be a big deal i wouldnt have posted the 6/6 thing he was lookin for info so i gave it , as to why someone would do it well if i had a 4x4 id do it just to get low for handling and looks but have 4x4 traction its my opinon just like everybody else has one about it , oh and he did mention a 4.3 so hes not 100% in the wrong forum , but anyhow lets quit the flaming and just let each guy have his own opinon and try to help eachother out :thumbup:

oh and if you dont like what i posted then bring it im always up for alittle forum boxing :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no worries

hey, i got no problem with nobody. just wanna learn more about s-10s. thats the only thing i am here for. everything cool here

alright though, here is my plan. i would like to get a 94-00 s-10 4.3 4x4. i would like to get some 18s, drop it as low as possible without sacrificing ride quality and messing up the suspension. drop some bags in there for daily driving and avoid rubbing, scraping and all the other disadvantages of lowering. also have the 4x4 so when winter strikes i am ready. thats all

i am on here to find out exactly how low i can go, how to do it, where to buy stuff, know what to look out for etc...etc...
basically try to avoid stupid mistakes and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I did it for the handling and a bonus is the truck looks better. If you're not going to use the 4x4 for rock crawling or whatever it's nice to have the added traction in the winter if you live where you get snow. Another benefit of 4x4 is better resale value.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Zac said:
I did it for the handling and a bonus is the truck looks better. If you're not going to use the 4x4 for rock crawling or whatever it's nice to have the added traction in the winter if you live where you get snow. Another benefit of 4x4 is better resale value.
plus i hate using chains when i hit the snow. a lowered 4x4 doesnt need that!:thumbup:

·
538 Posts
ok i was jw.

to me though, it seems like awd would be a better choice for the purposes you guys listed

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
ok i was jw.

to me though, it seems like awd would be a better choice for the purposes you guys listed
yeah quite true but im to cheap,so ill stick with 2wd :D

·
538 Posts
well then get a skateboard and lay on it, hows that for low?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts