S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big of kit should i get to get the rims in the back to tuck a little, and for the to tuck? Also if i use leaves in the back will i feel the common bouncing you tend to get from blocks alone?:guitar:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Awesome, your truck looks the same as mine, 'cept mine's a 4.3 :D

Honestly I don't think you could get a static "lowering kit" that would tuck those rims. If you wanna tuck, bag it. :)

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
what size tires do you have on it. if you can tell me that i can give you the perfect drop that would still be drivable and wont rub
It's not gonna tuck though...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, heres the deal, you cannot tuck those 16's in the BACK on just a drop. You would have to be bagged in order to tuck the back, because a 4/5 drop alone will not be low enough to tuck the back, only the front, because the five is in the front and the 4 is in the back, and a four isnt enough. However if you did go low enough with leafs to tuck the back it would be to low and much too dangerous. And as far as the bouncing goes, that is up to the shocks you either have or are gonna get, not blocks or leafs. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
factory tires, but ive got some 45's in my garage i mihgt slap on, i really dont want to tuck rim, i would be fine with tire, i just dont want to have to climb into the bed of my truck. I basically want the gap gone. I saw dustro's s-10, im looking at as low as he was before the bags.

·
Registered
804 Posts
re:

I'm tucking tire up front with 2" spindles and 1" coils, the rear is like .5" away from tucking tire and all I have is 3" block with factory leafs.

I'm running 225/65/15 during the winter and 255/40/17 during the summer... both are close to tucking in the rear, but are definately tucking/rubbing up front.

I'm sure that if you went with a de-arched leaf and a 2 or 3" block you'd be just barely grazing the tire (definately reducing fender gap).

I've included some pictures of my truck with the winter & summer rims.

Hope this helps,

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
damn nick, those are some sweet as* winter rims... where can I pick up a set??? lol... jus' playin.....
:D

Hey, are you drivin' your truck next weekend???

·
Registered
54 Posts
:stickpoke
Wassup Canadians!
Hey Nick, havnt heard from you in a bit.
you ever coming back to AA, Or do you like being a free agent?

After all it wass the AAC that gave you that drop! Glad you like it.
Nick you want to go to Dayton Ohio, with us in May? We are booking rooms soon. I know you had fun in Tennessee! Y'ALL wana go? :D

·
626 Posts
oh, I see how it is..... nobody invite the woman..... :twak:

that's fine.... I'll remember that when I come to visit on Saturday :thumbdown

·
626 Posts
lol.... jus' playin' with ya Kev.... I'll be draggin' my as* down the strip at Wasaga..... :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts