S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
musical engine builder
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm on the sreach for a new car/truck. and well if i get a truck i was looking at a blazer or jimmy. well i don't CPI cause it sucks. yeah yeah i know it make lots of power but it breaks down a lot and eats fuel pumps and those dumb spider thingys. now for my question: how hard is it to swap CPI to TBI? i have the intake and TBI and computer just no harness. cause if i get a blazer or jimmy with CPI i'd like to do the swap.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
why? i had a CPI and never had any problems with fuel lines/CPI unit and nut kit, or anything. i had numerous problems with my TBI, however. anyway, i believe the cam and heads are different, the TBI has a computer in 1995 (OBD1.5) and youd need a new harness. waste of money, in my opinion, but thats just me, and im sure there's people out there who will recommend you do it.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
1988S10 said:
well i'm on the sreach for a new car/truck. and well if i get a truck i was looking at a blazer or jimmy. well i don't CPI cause it sucks. yeah yeah i know it make lots of power but it breaks down a lot and eats fuel pumps and those dumb spider thingys. now for my question: how hard is it to swap CPI to TBI? i have the intake and TBI and computer just no harness. cause if i get a blazer or jimmy with CPI i'd like to do the swap.
:drunk:

·
musical engine builder
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well sorry if i'm f#@cking weird! so far at work(i'm a mechanic) we've goten lots of CPI trucks&vans with cpi problems and well i've never had a problem with TBI. anyways i have a set of heads from a TBI 4.3, the intake,TBI, computer. all i need is a harness. but i guess my question sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts