S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a pretty cool 98 s10 that has a v8 and is lowered and painted all up nice. I also have a 90 blazer 4x4 that the motor and body are trashed however the 700r4 and the transfer case and all are good. So I am wondering just how much work and money it would take to pull the blazer body off leave only the tranny, transfer case and diffs then hook up my 350, lower the torsion bars put my blocks off the other frame in the back and drop my body and bed on. Any idea what all this would in-tale? thanks.

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
totally different frames

·
-------------
2,760 Posts
In any case what you are talking about doing is not going to be as easy as just mixing and matching the parts you already have. The first issue is that as everyone else has mentioned, the Blazer chassis is completely different than a truck chassis. You would probably be able to mount the cab but you would have to drastically modify the bed to fit. the other big issue you would run into is that a 4wd transfercase is not really meant to be used on-road. What you would need is an AWD transfer case from something like a Bravada.

So at the very least to do this project you would need to get a 4wd pickup chassis and an AWD transfer case. It's not the end of the world but it's not going to be as easy as mixing and matching chassis, body, and driveline parts.

·
UH-60 Master Mechanic
110 Posts
the back of the frames are way different. The PU frame is straight, the blazer widens drastically right in front of the axle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good point about the trans case. IT sounds like way more work and money than I feel like messing with. Oh well it was fun dreaming. Thanks for all of the responses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts