S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cluck, click, boom!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dads 2nd gen 4.3 is actin up again when my old 1st gen 4.3 still runnin great. lol well the trucks oil cooler lines are leakin and how difficult is it to replace those?

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
Its really not too bad. On my 96, the easiest way is to drop the front skid plate, and use about 3' of 3/8" extensions to get to the rear bolt. On some, the lines will pull right out - on some (like mine) you have to jack the engine up slightly in the chassis to create enough room to remove the lines. The filter-to-radiator set are easy, just don't lose the clips or o-rings.

·
Bagged
2,207 Posts
On my 2wd it was very easy, I did it in about 45 mins including oil change and greased the thing. I had a hell of a time with the one line needing bent a little bit but it wasnt too bad. Check www.rockauto.com for them they showed up next day! I ordered at 12:45 they showed up at my house by 2:30 the next day. I got the dorman brand they are sussposed to be good. Use this coupon # and get 5% off. 360911338576

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts
here's one that works, looks like a %5 discount.
Better than nothing... 3B5CEFC2693A

Ordered both lines from the filter to the block, & from the rad to the filter.
total came to like $48 with the cupon code, and $7 shipping. What I like about these is that they come with the little crush gaskets.

·
Cluck, click, boom!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help and its a 2000 so do you think it will just pull out?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am having them replaced at a shop today, actually. I replaced them myself about 30,000 miles ago and sure enough, they are leaking AGAIN! I don't want to replace them again because I am a slack ass, so the local shop is doing it for $350 (ouch).

Any reason why GM is stupid and hasn't manufactured replacements that don't leak?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts