S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be installing them tomorrow hopefully, and i wanted to know if there are any tips???? i talked to a guy that said i had to move or drop my gas tank to get to the drivers side bolt. any thing elas that i might run into trouble with, oh and also how do i tell what side if for the front and which is for the back??????

·
Registered
26 Posts
The left front bolt hits the tank when you try to remove it, I cut off the head, and replaced it with a new one mounted head out. Lay the new leaf next to one removed, you will see the difference. I think the part # faces front. I have also heard you can loosen the tank straps enough to get the bolt out, but havent tried it. Get the replacement bolt from Chevrolet, it is metric.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i herad that too

my friend told me thats what needs to be done, loosen the mounts and move the tank a little so that the bolt can come out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i took some stuff apart today

and i come to find that a majority of my u-bolt nuts are stripped, so tomorrow im gonna have to buy new u-bolts and nuts. but other than that i didnt get too far today. but tomorrow i will hopefully get it done after work. also do you know if edgar sells only the u-bolts???? and if he works in town??? so maybe i could pick them up tomorrow. i need 3-4 cuz i have 1 at home.

·
Registered
7 Posts
whasup FTC! hey doode like i said jus loosen the gas tank straps enough so that u can remove the leaf spring bolt. as far as the front and back for the leafs just measure from the center pin of the leaf to the end of it. correct me if i'm wrong, the side you measured shorter should be mounted towards the front of your truck (if i remember right) and the longer side should be mounted towards the back.
peace-out....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what up man

i gotta say that your truck is PIMP, well i figured out which side is the front and back on the leafs. and i will loosen the tank straps. but i still have the problem of finding the u-bolts, because tomorrow i think im gonna just end up hitting the nuts with an impact gun and break them and replace them all, im pretty sure thats the only way. i dont trust myself hitting the gas tank, im probably gonna break it. another guy i talked to told me to take the nut off the bolt and cut the head of the bolt off, buy a new one and thread it from the outside in, but my dad told me that if its in that way and i get into an accident then the bolt will puncture the tank and that isnt good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey thanks man, it's ok for now. you could check out rons performance for u-bolts, that shop on queen st. (forgot the name) that's right next to aloha otto or any 4x4 shops. the 4x4 shops will have them for sure.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im gonna check with rons tomorrow, they should have them cuz thats where i bought my other set form, because the first time i put the blocks on the u-bolts ended up stripping too, i tried to take a short cut and bot take the shocks off, but it made the bolts strip. i was gonna check pacific auto(the palce on queen) too, also i called up edgar and he was gonna call around to see if any body had some spares lying around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are in luck

I might just have extra u-bolts for you. Do you need some stock u-bolts or do you have drop blocks? If you want them, I'll gladly give them to you. Let me know. K-den!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey man i need u-bolts for 3" drop blocks

the ones that are on now are stripped, so im gonna break them off with an impact gun, so i need some new ones. i have work tomorrow, and i will probably end at about 4:30-5:00. but tomorrow call me during the day to maybe set something up. my name is tyler and i will PM you my number. thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well just finished installing the leafs

and all i can say is ****, that was pretty tough. but its done and my truck is sitting just about level, i think less than .5" higher in the back. i hope they dont settle too much more or else the back will be lower than the front which will be gay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts