1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
7,395 Posts
are you thinking of a sealed or ported box? . . .those compvrs like a fairly large box for optimal sound. . .if you go the sealed route, you're looking at a 4ft^3 box just to hit the minimum that they want. . .if you want to port them, you're looking at a 7ft^3 box if you want to give each of them their recommended space. . .those numbers are if you want 1 chamber per sub with the recommended airspace

if you are going sealed, why don't you just build a box. . .break out a calculator and figure out what diminsions will give you the proper airspace . . . sealed boxes are pretty easy to make if you got a couple of basic power tools and a place to work on it. . .there's no need to pay a shop to build you a sealed enclosure unless you are wanting something that is show quality, and even then with a little hard work, you can produce the same thing for a fraction of the cost

·
.:|Hustlin4life|:.
5,662 Posts
Dont get me wrong MA amps push good, but far as the durabilty they are shit. I had a friend who had a MA800 for three months ans it starting kickin off after about 5minutes, he took it to the dealer and they sent it off under warranty and MA sent him a new one, because they said his had a faulty overload switch, he ended up going through three amps in a six month time, all of them had faulty shutoff switches (luckily MA keep replacing them and oinly charging him $20 for shipping each time) A couple months later another friend had the same problem with another MA800, he wnet through four of them under warranty. About a year ago I came across a brand new MA800i (the 800i's were suppose to have the shutoff switch problem fixed) at a really good price ($75), I ran it a week and had the same problme with the shutoff switch, so I just got it replaced under warranty and sold it for $150

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
planning on doing a sealed box

i want it to be show quality, guess i'll start drawing stuff up and see what i can come up with that will match the space i need. doing one chamber for each sub

atleast the stuff was under warrenty, i'll give the amp a shot and see how i like it and how it works

·
Registered
606 Posts
the 800i is the bottom of the line series, complete garbage imho, the hk series is alot better ive sold a ton of them with no problems, i had a mtx 1501d powering my 4 12" cvrs before very decent setup............i'd go wth 1.5 per sub sealed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts