S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Got a silverado
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mainly just goes to show how quickly life can change...

A friend of mine the other day got into a fairly bad accident. a guy ran a redlight and would have hit my him but he swerved to get out of the way, but in doing so he lost controle of his own vehicle. He rolled his truck and was somehow thrown out and his own trucked rolled over him.
He's now paralyzed from his waist down...me and a few others stayed at the hospital with him the other night and i went and saw him this morning also.
He's a good guy with a great heart, and i dont know if its because it hasn't sank in yet or if he's in shock still..but he's handeling it really well. But im afraid how long this will last. we're doing everything we can just to be there for him..but it may be a mute point when they release him or even if therapy is a possibility.

What can i honestly do? Im always trying to fix things, and make people happy..but after this..im lost. ive no idea how to make things better..he's a great guy and he deserves all the support me and my friends are giving him but its a bit difficult when you dont really know what to do anymore

so if any of you guys have some prayers available...send em his way if ya could. he needs it.

Thanks

·
<3 WiiFEY
41 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I will most definitely send a few prayers his way. Just try to keep you head up. It sounds so petty, but at least he has his life. Its just another obstacle to over come & god never throws anything your way he knows you can't handle. Be strong. Hang in there!

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Sorry to hear!! Just be there for him, whatever you can do to help him, etc. When he needs his space let him have it, but make sure he knows your there for him.

One of my good friends was paralyzed after a jet ski accident. It took her a long time to get through it, being in a wheelchair, how people view her now, etc. She couldn't believe it happened and how it happened. But today she has a totally different outlook on life and loves ever minute of it.

When I think I have it bad, I just remember her and how she doesn't think she has it bad and talks about all the other people who are worse off.

My prayers go out to him. Just keep your head up, it will get better.

·
SHENANIGANS!!!
5,860 Posts
Support him as best as possible, but in the end this is something he is going to have to fight with in his own head. Things like this make me feel like an ass worrying about issues in my life.

There are going to be a lot of ups and downs with him in the months/years to come. Don't give up on him and you'll have a friend forever.

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
I'm sorry Regina!! He may see it as how lucky he is to be alive. Like Wagon said his outlook on things may have changed!

Just gotta be there for him when the low point hits. Hopefully everyone can be there when that happens! Everything will be ok!

If you need anything give me a call, i always have an ear :)

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
I'd say send PMs to GimpXtreme, and HotWheelz... They'll have more insight into this than anyone else.
Yup, but I didnt think HotWheelz was on here much anymore?

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
i can tell you this its hard... a good friend of mine was a passenger in a car accident and is now crippled... we all as friends showed him support and about 2 weeks after he got outta the hospital a car show was thrown to pay for the ramps in his house. He seemed outta it at first but now he likes to joke around about the wheelchair. hes got a superman tattoo but with a wheel chair in it and we call him supercrip! he even is trying to convince us to take him paintballing and whatnot... as long as you show him support and dont treat him "differently" he'll be fine

·
Got a silverado
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks..im doing the best i can right now. i dont plan on giving up on him..its just hard because ive never gone through anything like this and i just wanna make sure im at least doing something right..

·
is a fungineer
6,108 Posts
A lot of it is going to be on how well your friend adjusts. It's not that his life has ended, it's just changed a little bit.

Where I live there is a guy who is paralyzed from the waist down from a childhood accident, he's cool as hell. He races stock cars at the local dirt track, he just has hand controls for the throttle and brake. He's just like anybody else out there.

Best wishes for you and your friend.

·
Registered Abuser
10,184 Posts
sorry to hear that, just try to help him out the best you can, i imagine you guys being there for him really means a lot, i know when i was in the hospital and my friends would come around to visit it helped me relax and put me in a better mood

·
INDEPENDENT
1,725 Posts
I will definatley be praying for him and you. I think the best thing you can do is keep his spirits up any way possible and to always be there for him no matter what.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
You are doing something right, you are supporting him. He might just be excited to be alive and is willing to take a wheelchair instead of a pine box. Keep hanging out with him, he doesnt want to feel alone, like that now he is paralyzed no one wants to hangout with him, but you guys haven't abandoned him, you have showed him that you are going to still be his friends and still going to go hangout. Thats why alot of people who become paralyzed have such a hard time cooping is because their friends dont hangout with them, so that gives them alot of time to think, "I'm paralyzed and my friends don't come around like they used to, why didn't i die?" Just keep hanging out with him and being his friend.

·
Banned
5,465 Posts
find the guy that ran the light and hit him with a baseball bat a few times won;t fix what has happen ,but i know I would feel better about it

·
**** New Jersey
8,325 Posts
You are doing something right, you are supporting him. He might just be excited to be alive and is willing to take a wheelchair instead of a pine box. Keep hanging out with him, he doesnt want to feel alone, like that now he is paralyzed no one wants to hangout with him, but you guys haven't abandoned him, you have showed him that you are going to still be his friends and still going to go hangout. Thats why alot of people who become paralyzed have such a hard time cooping is because their friends dont hangout with them, so that gives them alot of time to think, "I'm paralyzed and my friends don't come around like they used to, why didn't i die?" Just keep hanging out with him and being his friend.

word, in time, you, your friends, and he will forget he is even paralyzed. i bet he will be able to do almost anything (as long as he puts his mind to it!) it ought you make you guys respect life more aswell.

hope he gets better!

·
Registered Abuser
10,184 Posts
another thing i forgot to mention, when i was in the hospital i found out who my real friends are, a lot of them didn't even stop by to see me once, then later after i healed up tried to blow it off with excuses, just be there for him and he'll really appreciate it in the long run

1 - 18 of 18 Posts