1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
yeh i have seen those before..only on that truck...def sweet

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
The taillights are Frenched in the body, That means that the lights are smooth with the body and then when you paint the color, u tape off the part that you want to have light up, then when ur ready for clear untape it and clear over the hole thing.

Frenched taillights are a big thing with the street rodders these days, They are hard to do because getting it to look right and SMOOTH is a bitch.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Bad94 said:
The taillights are Frenched in the body, That means that the lights are smooth with the body and then when you paint the color, u tape off the part that you want to have light up, then when ur ready for clear untape it and clear over the hole thing.

Frenched taillights are a big thing with the street rodders these days, They are hard to do because getting it to look right and SMOOTH is a bitch.
Technically frenched means recessed in the body. Like a frenched license plate box. Caddy lights are frenched. I dont know what the concept is, but bad94 is correct. they are flushmount and then clearcoated over.

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what i figured but.....

what taillight setup would you need to do this, and what about the gap between the taillight and the sheetmetal? there has to be at least a 1/8 - 1/16 inch gap...right?

·
Registered
175 Posts
that is definitly tight, saw it in a mag once

·
Registered
30 Posts
what they do is take paper and trace it out. then copy it to plexie glass and leave 1/2inch around the outside. then how ever thick the metal is you use a router and cut a step around the out side the thickest of the metal then paint and clear this is how i have seen my buddy do them on his rods IT'S A PAIN IN THE A$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts