S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
She's in need!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought and put on a set of lakewood specific traction bars for my s-10 but I don't know how to adjust the traction bars. The directions say that you need 3/8 of and inch on the right side and 1/2 in of space on the driver side. Right now the rubber pieces at the end of the traction bars are pressed against the leaf springs. Another thing where is the best spot for the rubber piece to touch against? Mine is in the last hole towards the back and at end of the leaf spring. I don't know maybe I overlooked something. I just couldn't figure out how in the wrold to lower the traction bars so I could have the space they were talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
The snubbers should be directly underneath the front spring eye. Not sure about the adjustment - you can trim the snubber or loosen the spring shackle to get the distance specified. I keep mine tight against the spring eye and use shims under the snubbers.(SSM lift bars)

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've heard the lakewood specific traction bars are only for regular leaf springs not zq8 or lowered leaf springs? Competion Engineering makes wedge plates " that allow you to adjust pinion angle or traction bar angle in 2 degree increments ". And they can be stacked. Summit racing part # cee-7025. $24.39 a pair. Not cheap but might be the only way.

·
She's in need!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where exactly is the spring eye and what does it look like?

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Spring eye is where the front of the spring mounts to the frame. There's a bolt and a bushing inside.

·
Working Hard at Life
877 Posts
Lakewoods fit on ZQ8's, i put mine on last week....98 model

Looks good too! I havnt done much testing with them though, but they look good and makes the rear feel a little more stable/heavy when cornering

·
Working Hard at Life
877 Posts
direct fit - Like $9x.00 in Jegs. Only $8 shipped. Fit fine. Black bars with yellow bumpstops. sorry it took so long to respond.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts