S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i take this thing out? and how much of a difference is there?

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
i would also appreciate it if someone would share some info.....i've thought bout this but never went through with finding any info.....thanx

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
it is very easy to do...take the whole MAF sensor out...there are 4 hex head screws holding it together...take them out..and take off the end with the screen in it...put your thumb on the screen and push it out...it will break when you do that, but thats okay cuz you don't want it anymore anyway...put it all back together and you done(make sure you got in the right way..It makes a noticible difference...I could diffently tell it was gone...I was nervise when I did mine...but it was every easy and I don't think you could really mess it up unless you get into the other end of the sensor with all the needles in it...nothing to worry about though..

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
you could also push the outter edges of the screen down with a small flat head screw driver. (Be careful of your hands and digits from slipping tools.) This will help when you push it out. As long as you disassemble the MAF and are gentle with the part which has the actual sensor, you'll have nothing to worry about. I noticed quicker throttle response when I removed mine. Good luck!:thumbup:

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
You can do what they said or do it my way! LOL. Well, I have a GEN II intake so all I had to do was remove the filter and the first segment of piping. After you do that the MAF is still connected and all you need to do is poke it out. I used a flat head screw driver and stabbed it until a loose end stuck up. Then I just used a needle nose pliars to grab it. Don't worry about damaging anything. The sensor is pretty far back and is dead center. I just didnt have time to remove screws and crap. I didnt notice a lot of power or anything, just throttle response. But, why the hell not right? If every mod you do has a way to get an extra 1HP and you do 10-15 mods. Isnt 10-15HP good? =) Later.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts