S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
If you push the dome light override three times and listen for the chime they will turn off until you turn off your truck. Doing this again will turn them back on. Just a temp solution.

·
Registered
287 Posts
There's a trick you can do by bending one post of the drl/high beam relay. I just can't remember which post it is, though.

Jeff

·
Eatin Fords-$hittin Mopar
178 Posts
DRLs, Aren't they annoying?

if you have a `98, you cannot just push the dome override button four times to shut the DRLs off. Trust me on this one, I drove a `98 for 3 years and the only way to shut them off was either to monkey around under the hood looking for the relay, or simply push the emergency brake pedal down til it clicks once....this way the e-brake light will show up on the dash, but it won't be doing anything and your DRLs will be off.......

That is a temporary and non-technical way to go about it but I know there are more permanent solutions too!

Good Luck!

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Re: DRLs, Aren't they annoying?

2001_S-10_4x4 said:
if you have a `98, you cannot just push the dome override button four times to shut the DRLs off. Trust me on this one, I drove a `98 for 3 years and the only way to shut them off was either to monkey around under the hood looking for the relay, or simply push the emergency brake pedal down til it clicks once....this way the e-brake light will show up on the dash, but it won't be doing anything and your DRLs will be off.......

That is a temporary and non-technical way to go about it but I know there are more permanent solutions too!

Good Luck!
maybe it's the 4X4 or something but mine will cut off if i hit the button a few times and the e-brake thing doesn't work for mine.....like jeffyboy said...there is a way of getin rid of them by bending two prongs that are on the fuse so they aren't functional.....i can't remember which two they are but if i find out i'll let ya know

·
Registered
444 Posts
OK here it is. I went out and took a pic of the underhood fuse box in my 99. The picture tells all. If they changed anything in the 2000+ it should be labeled on the inside of the cover of the fuse box. I've pulled this relay and everything works fine without it on my truck.

Attachments

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
here is the wiring diagram if ya wanna do the low beam/high beam mod

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
You cannot just pull the relay, trust me I tried this, it will cause only one of your headlights to come on. Do a search, I know there is a post about which prong to bend back, if you don't find it let me know and I will go out to my car and look tomororw. BTW I drive a 2001 Blazer X

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well they must have changed something in the newer models because I can pull the relay and all my lights work fine except the DRLs of course because I've pulled the relay.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Pulled the relay on my 2k2 BlazX and lost a pair of headlights. AM trying to talk to good friend at dealer about a possible fix for this...

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
ok...here's the solution...

DO NOT PULL THE FUSE TOTALLY...you highbeams will not work...

remove the fuse, the only two prongs you need are 87a and 30..keep those two...you can cut the other three off, or just bend one around the side of the relay....very simple to do

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:
here is the wiring diagram if ya wanna do the low beam/high beam mod
isn't there an additional diagram with that, where you can wire fogs up for 6 way highs???

i know i've seen it, but i lost the file...:(

·
Registered
79 Posts
so i can just bend back the three prongs except for 87a and 30 right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Could someone post a pic of their relay with the disabled prongs? I think that'd clear up a lot of the confusion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
this is what you do

just look into your fuse bux under the hood open it, pull the drl fuse (the only one thats upsidedown) and bend pin number 86, and then put the whole thing back in and thats it

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
Y2K.............. I want thatr 6 way HI Beams.........!
I get frigging People Flashing me thinking
my brites are On......when i have the Fogs Burning
:bash: Asp-Holes...............!
If you can find that iam interested in 6 Way HI..........!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i am also interested in the 6 way high beams, like to direct all of them in the other drivers eye's hahahahaha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts