S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys do it. Im scraping by just to get the money to keep up the normal maintance on my truck, forget about doing any big changes. Only reason i was able to bag it was because the truck was a graduation present, and i saved money from living at home to bag it. I don't know how some of you guys have the money to do some of the things you do, not to mention, alot of you having multiple projects..

I think im gonna devote my life to eating mac and cheese and drinking chek cola..maybe that will help..

·
Time to bulk up!
4,332 Posts
Some people have really good paying jobs, others don't. Some people live with their parents, other people have mortgages. Some people don't have any money in a 401k while others think saving for retirement is more important.

We are all different and do different things with our money. Some make their truck their #1 priority while others think there is more to life than their truck.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Yeah people have differant priorities. While I didn't have the highest paying job. I didn't have 401k or any health/dental and lived with parents while I dumped 90% of my money into my truck.

Now that the truck is gone. My take home pay is a lot less. And I have less money to spend on doing things now. I've got a car payment, have full coverage insurance. 401k, health, dental. Heck I even donate 5 bucks a week to the united way. lol

I'm still living comfortable though. For now. We'll see in a few years when I go to buy my own place.

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
I am sure most people on this forum has large credit card debts.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i sell crack

·
FloridaTruckScene.com
5,190 Posts
My truck(s) are my last priority when it comes to modding and customizing it. Maintenance usually comes first, along with my all my bills. I haven't lived with my parents in over 3-4 years and I don't make the best money.

Last mod I paid for on my truck was finally bagging the rear back in New Years when the mod before it was bagging the front like 9 months prior to that. :(

·
its just greg
1,676 Posts
alot of people dont save anything, or put all there savings into there truck. i had no money for my truck before, still wont have all that much now since i'm getting a house.

some people make alot of money, and some people have rich parents. also everything is much cheaper when built yourself. for instance you can bag your entire truck with a homemade 3 or4 link and simple air setup for what people pay for a road grater kit or full SD 5 link kit. some people have a down payment and car payments, i baught my blazer for 3 grand and spend money on it afterwards. about the same is spent on it in the end, but i would rather have a sweet 90s truck then a brand new stock truck.

also some people deal a little on the side to support there habbit...

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,226 Posts
i worked alot and just bought stuff as i could to bag my truck.....and for the xtreme i got a car loan, i keep my bils to a minimum so i can ep dumping money into my trucks....

·
drop and dragg
681 Posts
when i was in high school i would get some stuff for my truck for x mas gifts and b-day gifts now i only got 2 semesters of college left i just buy a little bit here and there so i dont get so use to my truck being the same all the time untill i get out of college then i will have a great job, and also i only have 5 payments left on it (electrician) and as for my project truck alot can be done to it without spending money like stripping it down and what not i bought it for 300 bucks (see 1st gen section) and thats all i have inot it

·
5x e-married to Jason
1,525 Posts
living at home making 8.50 an hour to sit on my ass and watch the labor percentage rise. oh and i try to save a lot of money and do things big when i get enough cash. its kinda of like in spurts

1 - 20 of 108 Posts