S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
keep my rims really shining, after a few days, my front rims look like crap. what can i use to make them shine longer, and keep the brake dust off them? what will make them easier to clean?

i was thinking about just using my wax on them, is that a good idea???

thanks in advance

·
Registered
206 Posts
it's probably brake dust. I upgraded my pads to Stillen Metal Matrix pads when I put on their cross drilled rotors and there is far less brake dust than stock.

You can get brake shields for less than $50/pr. that will help alot.

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
the brake sheilds also look pretty cool but ya proubly cant really see them very well on those rims.

anyways thats what i would do

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
this is a simple fix

If you would quit driving it so hard, you wouldn't have to use the brakes as much...thus producing less brakedust, and less work for you :OP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, I agree...

Change your brake pads, they are what are causing all of that dust.

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
wow...I don't see any brakedust at al on those red X rims...hehehe

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
well yeah, I can see how you wouldn't have any brakedust problems...i mean...you have to have rims and tires on it to drive it :p

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
you do need to change your pads, that is the ultimate solution. Also, adjust your rear drums, this will allow some of the work to be transferred to the rear, it will also keep the ass end from popping up every time you hit the brakes. Find a nice clear parking lot or empty street, put the truck in reverse, get up to about 10-15mph, then stand on the brakes. If the fronts lock up, take off a little pressure. Do this about 3 times, then hit drive, get up to about 20 mp, and hit them to see if you can tell a difference.

And yes, you can also put wax on your wheels. I would actually recommend it. As many harsh chemicals people are using to clean their rims, it's stripping all the protective chemicals in the clear coat. I use regular eagle one wet and eagle one clear coat rim polish. It may help you out.

good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts