S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how ya go about reseting the computer on an 02 s10? i did a search and couldnt find anything.

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, is there anything anyone could think of that would make my gas and temp gauges stop working and a bunch of warning lights come on? i think something must be disconnected but i cant figure out what.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
When i want to clear a code i unplug my battery, some say this doesn't work for the '01 and up's though. Or you can clear it with a code scanner also.

And check the fuses, especialy the ones like with ecm _, or eng _ These are in the under hood fuse box.

·
Registered
261 Posts
yep....tried clearing my codes in my 01 by disconnecting the battery.....nothing. Been told numerous times it has to be done w/ a consult

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts
On my '01 I was able to clear the codes by unpluging the battery (well according to a normal scanner). But when hooked up to a Tech 2, I was able to view pretty much the entire history of set trouble codes(well, alot of them anyway). Including ones the normal scanner didnt know of. As well as readouts for every sensor at the time the code was set. Supposidly the only way to clear this was to use the tech 2. Not sure though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts