S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aaron
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to replace the steering wheel in my 1995 S-10. The steering wheel has an airbag in it and i have know idea on how to disconnect it so any help would be great. I also heard that i have to contact my insurance company to notify them that i no longer have an airbag, so there aren't any problems if i were to get into an accident later.

·
baby eagle
121 Posts
What the insurance company doesn't know won't hurt them. All you have to do is disconnect the battery and wait five minutes (amount of time varies, but 5 is usaully safe). Then you can start takin stuff apart without worrying about the airbag going off.

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
I did this in my 98, disconnect the battery, there is also a fuse, take that out, there also should be a yellow connector under the steering colomn, disconnect that too, then go at it, you dont want that focker to blow up in your face, good luck they're a bitch to get out, best thing to do is to go get good auto manual for your truck, they will tell you how to do it in there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The only problem about the insurance company is that if you get hurt and they see that the airbag isn't there... they could decide that having the airbag would have prevented the injury and not pay... you have modify a safety device. Best to notify them, you should just lose the discount for airbags. Or at least call another company and check with them, I wouldn't call the one you are using... just call for a quote and mention the airbag situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts