S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how to remove the actuator system from my front diff and inspect it if I shift into 4 wheel at a stop then go it makes a clunk or bang then locks my front diff in and my tcase keeps poping out of 4 high back into 2 wheel but 4 low works fine so im wondering if that thing is wearing out

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
dont realy know what u mean, but on my 83 , the front diff actuator is gone, the cable too.. its welded or something.cuz both wheels turn one way when you spin one. where the cabe goes in to on the front diff, theres a plug.

all i do is shift the Tcase in to 4 wheel and go. screw that vacuum actuator crap :D id like to do the same to my 91 s10 , but not 100% for sure wats done to the front diff of my 83.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok like I wanna pull out the peice in my front diff and check it out I've pulled the 3 bolts and it comes about an inch that's all

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
It's just hooked on the cable with a fastener, I changed the one on my baja, but I can't remember how it hooked.

It was pretty simple though.

Actually I think its got the same as the top with the vacuum actuator.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no im talking the end in the diff i wanna inspect it and see if it needs to be changed its makes a bang when it locks in the diff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts