S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will i need any special tools and if so please tell me which ones, and how i should go about gettin the old ones off the truck

·
Registered
11 Posts
NO, JUST CHAIN THE SPRING TO YOUR LOWER CONTROL ARM, AND TAKE OUT THE SPINDEL,, TI'LL DROP FSAT SO DONT PUT ANYTHING UNDER THE CONTROL ARM...I ALMOST LOST MY MANHOOD LOWERIN MY TRUCK

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
THAT TOP IS ONE WAY TO DO IT BUT IVE ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMS WITH GETTIN THE SPRING IN AND THIS WAY IS A LOT FASTER

1) JACK TRUCK UP PUT FRONT ON STANDS
2) TAKE OFF SHOCK
3) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE THE SWAY BAR END LINK OFF OF THE THE LOWER CONTROL ARM WHEN YOU DO IT THIS WAY

PUT THE JACKSTAND UNDER THE LOWER CONTROL ARM SO IT JUST PUTS PRESSURE ONTO IT.

TAKE THE 2 BOLTS ON INSIDE OF THE LOWER A ARM OFF AND PULL BOTH BOLTS OUT. HERE IS WHERE YOU HAVE TO WATCH OUT, BUT BY HAVING THE SWAY BAR STILL HOOOKED UP TO THE LOWER A ARM ITS SAFER. SLOWLY LET THE JACK OUT AND WALK AWAY FROM TEH TRUCK UNTIL THE LOWER A ARM IS ALL THE WAY OUT.

ONE THE ARM IS ALL DOWN PULL THE JACK OUT AND TAKE OUT SPRING. I NOTICED THAT IF YOU LEAVE THE SWAY BAR END LINK OFF THE ARM ITS HARDER TO GET THE SPRING TO LINE UP AND JACK UP SO I JUST LEAVE THEM ON

OK SO YOU TOOK OUT TEH SPRING LOOK AT THE BELLTECH SPRING MAKE SURE BELLTECH IS FACING THE RIGTH WAY, BUT THE RUBBER SEATS BACK ON TEH SPRING AND PUT THE SPRING IN SO THAT THE TOP IS INSIDE THE GROOVE AND BOTTOM YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT IT COVERST EH FIRST DRAIN HOLE AND GOES TO TEH EDGE OF TEH 2ND DRAIN HOLE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE ARM. ONCE THAT IS DONE JUST JACK UP THE ARM AND YOUR SET. MANY TIMES S10S SIT LOWER ON DRIVERS SIDE THAN PASS SO I JUST MAKE SURE THAT THE DRIVER SIDE COVERS THE FIRST DRAIN HOLE AND THE PASSENGERS GOES TO THE EDGE OF THE 2ND DRAIN HOLE. OR YOU CAN PUT BOTH TO THE 2ND HOLE ON THE A ARM AND JUST CUT THE END LINKS ON THE SIDE THATS LOWER.

SO AFTER YOU GET THE SPRING IN RIGHT JACK IT UP PUT THE BOTS BACK THREW AND TIGHTEN IT UP AND YOUR SET TO GO

TONY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts