S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a polished bowtie the other day (thanks, MightyMouse!) and I tried to install it (I wasn't trying very hard...). Anyway, I couldn't find an easy way to get behind the grille to pull the old bowtie out and install the new one. I didn't see any bolts from the top, and there was a splash guard keeping me from getting to it from the bottom. So, is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to pull the grill shell? If so, how do I do that?

-Chris

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
remove the grille

i'm pretty sure you gotta take the grille off. i did on my 2000.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Yea man its real easy. Just pull the headlights and disconnect the signal lights and pull forward. The whole thing will just pop off. After the its just a couple bolts. :cool:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
don't bother pullin the headlights...just pull the ends of the grillshell out first, one side at a time, the pull the center...then disconnect corner lense bulbs....there are two bolts on the bowtie

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
if you have a painted finish on your bumper, dont forget to lay some rags/towels on top of it. i put a minor scratch on mine the first time i pulled it off. nothing a polish can't fix though.

as for pulling the grill, it's easy, i can take mine off in five minutes. it's only being held in place by a few clips.

good luck. :D

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Chrisbequick said:
I got a polished bowtie the other day (thanks, MightyMouse!)

-Chris
no prob dude!:D glad i could help ya out!:drinkhaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts