S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are so many threads on disabling the drl’s and I promise I’ve picked through all of them it seems and still can’t figure this out. I’ve tried pulling fuses, bending the correct prongs, pulling the headlights out and snipping wires. Everything I’ve read to do doesn’t apply to the 98’ Canadian built s10’s. So is there anyone out there with a Canadian built s10 that has fixed this? The ones made in Canada are different than the us built trucks because it’s illegal not to have drl’s in Canada so they make it hard to disable them. When I pull the drl fuses either nothing happens or one light goes out and one works. I don’t want to drive around with my parking break on either. Even the headlight wires are completely different than the us made s10’s. I only have two wires, a yellow one and a yellow and black one, to the drl lights. If anyone knows how to fix this thanks.

·
the new guy
905 Posts
why disable them if its such a problem?

I have no idea but I have read some of the threads on it. mine doesn't have day time running lights since its a usa 98

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,698 Posts

I have no idea but I have read some of the threads on it. mine doesn't have day time running lights since its a usa 98
Yes you do...they may have been disabled by a previous owner...but you have them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I just would like to be able to turn my lights off like when I’m idling or going to deer camp. It’s just annoying I can’t ever turn them off.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,698 Posts
I just would like to be able to turn my lights off like when I’m idling or going to deer camp. It’s just annoying I can’t ever turn them off.
Try pulling fuse 15. If you have foglight that won't work...well, it will but the fogs will be dead also. There are all kinds of threads on disabling them.

·
the new guy
905 Posts
I don't like how mine come on automatically when it gets dark and I cannot turn them off when I get to the gate. the MPs used to tell me to turn them off but I think they know now because I have told them a few times that I cannot, and I show them by turning the switch to all the settings with no change in light

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,698 Posts
I don't like how mine come on automatically when it gets dark and I cannot turn them off when I get to the gate. the MPs used to tell me to turn them off but I think they know now because I have told them a few times that I cannot, and I show them by turning the switch to all the settings with no change in light
Those are not the drls. There is a sensor in the speaker grille that turns your headlights on at dusk. There is a resistor...don't know what value...that you can solder in place of the sensor...turn your lights off at will. This is from memory since it doesn't apply to my '96, so I haven't done it. There are threads in the lighting section that cover it...might even be a sticky.

·
the new guy
905 Posts
Oh ya, I know those aren't drls, I was just saying mine does that and it annoys me. I saw a few threads on disabling it but I don't know if I will ever do it.

Mine might have the head lights on during the day,also, who knows? I am driving so I don't know and no one has commented so if I am supposed to have it, they are probably on. The original owner was 70 something and he kept the truck stock. He told me all about picking it out at the lot in socal. He loved this little truck

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've looked into this but have not tried it. It took looking at the schematics and trying to figure out a way to fool the BCM to not turn them on and to bypass some of the relays. I'm posting my schematics I developed based on my 1999 Blazer but I cannot make any guarantees that it would work.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
T
I've looked into this but have not tried it. It took looking at the schematics and trying to figure out a way to fool the BCM to not turn them on and to bypass some of the relays. I'm posting my schematics I developed based on my 1999 Blazer but I cannot make any guarantees that it would work.

Thank you so much. I’m really wishing I had payed more attention in Physics 2 lol I’m gonna try and make head or tails of these schematics and see if it’ll work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try pulling fuse 15. If you have foglight that won't work...well, it will but the fogs will be dead also. There are all kinds of threads on disabling them.
I don’t have fog lights and I don’t have a fuse 15 that has anything to do with my lights or drl’s. Like I said it’s different because it’s made in Canada. My fuse boxes are numbered/labeled and in different orders than the American made s10’s. It sucks. And none of the other threads I’ve seen can help with it, believe me lol I’ve looked through tons of them trying to figure this stupid Canadian logic out hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts