S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, what the topic says cause that is the only thing holding me back from getting a 2.2 is the no 4x4
i don't care all that much for power, i would prefer gas mileage over power but since the 2.2 don't come in 4x4 i might have to go with the 4.3 just to get the 4x4 but then i will get crappy mileage. sucks to be me huh?
are the 2.2 really that bad in snow?
how do they handle in general?
thanks

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I have a 2.2 5speed with the ZQ8 suspension and I think mine handles great. I haven't had it long enough for the snow yet.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
i live in california and we got like 8 feet of snow last year and i live where all the roads are pretty damn steep. but if you put chains on and have bed full o' snow it does allright.

i would suggest getting posi, thats what im gonna do when i get the money

scott

·
Registered
431 Posts
well i think it dependson what kina 2.2 (auto or 5 speed ) i have 2 trucks and i think the 5 speed handles much better in the snow than my automatic 2.2 xtreme. all you really gotta do is put some blocks in the bed and get a 5 speed and you shouldnt have any problems.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
my old 2.2/5sp did just fine...wonder how my 4.3L will do:uhoh:

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
drove mine last year in the maryland snow, mine handled just fine, with a couple of sandbags in the back:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a MD guy too. I've a '96 2.2 5spd stick, no mods. Put some sandbags or hardened bags of cement in the back, centered across the axel, and you're good to go!

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Another MD 4banger... i sandbagged mine last year, it handled it pretty good. wish it werent a dang one-legger though!!!!!!!!!

·
Soon To Be Pimp
347 Posts
i have a 94 2.2 and here in va we get lots of ice and my truck handles better than most cars in the snow but its not about having 4x4 of 4x2 usually its about driving skill and abilities

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
slammed94noma said:
i have a 94 2.2 and here in va we get lots of ice and my truck handles better than most cars in the snow but its not about having 4x4 of 4x2 usually its about driving skill and abilities
wow man you are responding to a thread that is over 3yrs old. you do realize this right??????????

·
Super Moderator
20,519 Posts
:jawdrop: how did that come up ? :haha:

·
Registered
24 Posts
We have some in. of snow days ago here in northeastern colorado and my 98 2.2 handle just rigth, of course this is with some bags of sand in the back.:haha: ups.Anyway it handle great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I Live in the mountains in colorado, and believe me it kinda sucks sometimes. Our trucks have a problem going from a deadstop, but after you get going, we dont have too much to worry about if you downshift to slow down instead of stompin on the brakes. I still have the pizza cutters on the back of my truck, but i have snow tiers for 5 months out of the year, and 2 50 LB sandbags and i do pretty good.

·
Hello there!
5,227 Posts
Mine handles fine through snow and ice without weights, chains, or snow tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts