S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1998 S-10 with air. Serp Belt needs replacing bad.

How difficult is this to do? Go from the top or the bottom?

On my older chev I replace it's belt all the time. But this belt looks like it wraps to never never land around a zillion things.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I don't know about the 98, but the one for the 94 is very easy to do... took about 30 secs. to come off, and about 2 mins. to put on. That was with 2 people, one to loosen the tensioner, and the other to pull the belt off/put on. Just follow the path shown, and remember the flat and ribbed sides match with the corresponding sides on the belt.

DogP

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Does anyone have a link to or a scan of the route path of the serp belt on a 1998 2.2?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked in the manual and couldn't find any diagram for the serp belt routing path. Anyone got one or a link to one?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Mine has a diagram on the top of the grille under the hood, which I could give you, but I don't think it would be the exact same. I would just pay attention to where you took it off and put it back on the same way. I just pulled mine off and threw the new one on, not even looking at the diagram. Really it will only go on one way.

DogP

·
Registered
893 Posts
yeah its not that hard to do or figure out. if you think about the principles of the belt and what will work. Just wrench the tensioner back (i think 3/8 ratchet works, try one) and remove the belt from the nearest pulley and put the tensioner back down. that simple

1 - 6 of 6 Posts