S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that just about everyone in the world has been very close to death more than once in their life, so whats your story about how you almost died?

I can think of 2 right away for me:

I was wakeboarding and fell down, nothing happened with that. But when my dad came around to bring the rope back, as he was coasting very slowly with the engine in neutral, the boat went straight over me. Usually you would get pushed to one side by the hull but it went straight over my legs. since the board floated well and my body also did with the life jacket on, i was pinned under water in the center of the boat. i couldnt pull the board to me because it was trying to go up, then i just started shaking my feet like crazy and it finally released off of my feet and i was able to float up after almost 30 seconds.

The other time was when i broke my neck on a BMX bike. i over cleared a 25ft double and landed on my back tire on the flat ground and the bike shot out from under me while i had my pedals clipped in. i had a full helmet on which definetly saved me. I fractured 3 vertabraes in my neck from the hit and had a halo and then neck colars on for a total of 5 months. I have now made a complete recovery and i would never even know it happened.

·
Chip Chipperson
6,827 Posts
i almost got killed or at the least seriously hurt in a house fire.i was a firefighter and we had a little problem one night.got trapped in a part of the house that got closed off.it was pretty crazy.there were all kinds of spray cans in the room and the heat was so high that they just started exploding around us but we didnt know what it was cause it was so dark.but everything worked out in the end.

·
Banned
8,856 Posts
i died when i was born, they had to resussssssitate my ass. heart stopped and everything.... i drunk right now btw MULKAHAHahhaha

·
is dekitted...
1,826 Posts
Twice actually. First off was a major head injury from a freak accident with a swing. It was just a bench swing made of galvanized pole and elbows and the top pole cut the threads from metal fatigue and mine and my sisters weight pulled the 80 lb pole down on my head directly. I had a completely fractured skull, multiple bone fragments removed from my major arteries in my head, and one big fragment that the nuerologist said if it had moved any more than it did I would have been dead on the scene from the artery busting. Two extensive surguries later and 8 titanium plates and many screws later I'm back to normal.

Then the second was from my pediatrician being a dumbass when I was 8 years old. I almost died from malnutrition and many other things stemming from him saying nothing was wrong that I was just sick and it would be ok soon. Come to find out thats when I was sent to a gastroentrologist(sp) and was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. The doc said I wouldnt have made it another 3 days with the shape my body was in....

scary shit

·
Son of a drag racer
467 Posts
I've got a few. When I was an infant, I was walking on a 2 story high porch that gave way. Ended up with a skull fracture and some money from a lawsuit that is going toward college right now.

I had a semi try to merge into my truck one day on the highway. There were concrete barriers on the other side of me so the only place to go was under the trailer. I was probably only a few feet in so it wasn't F&F style but if the driver hadn't noticed me after frantically blowing my horn I would have probably been turned into a pancake. Luckily, I was able to match his speed until he could move back over.

There is more put nothing really worth mentioning.

·
I'm a Baker
1,922 Posts
I would have to say when I got in a wreck 2 months ago, the guy hit us going 40 mph and we were at a dead stop, totaled my truck and I got a concussion, everyone was amazed that we came out ok.

·
is dekitted...
1,826 Posts
I had a semi try to merge into my truck one day on the highway. There were concrete barriers on the other side of me so the only place to go was under the trailer. I was probably only a few feet in so it wasn't F&F style but if the driver hadn't noticed me after frantically blowing my horn I would have probably been turned into a pancake. Luckily, I was able to match his speed until he could move back over.
Idk about this one... Must have been one hella tall 18 wheeler unless you are bagged, have a huge body drop, and a chop top....

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
damn this is interesting. I'm good though, accident free. Well from serious injury at least. Worst I've had was a broken ankle in 4th grade. :haha:

·
Resident Blackhawk C.C.
2,557 Posts
I rolled my sidekick 3 times when I was about 17, no seatbelt and after 1.5 rolls I went flying threw the window. 2 concussions and a ****ed up shoulder and back from it and quite a few hours at the doctors removing glass from all over my body. I sometimes think if I hadn't been thrown out going up I'd be dead. If I came out in front or under it would have deff flipped and crushed me at least causing alot more serious damage than what I recieved.

·
Resident Blackhawk C.C.
2,557 Posts
Idk about this one... Must have been one hella tall 18 wheeler unless you are bagged, have a huge body drop, and a chop top....
yea me either, if u fit under it why not just go compleat F&F style.

I'm bagged and don't think I've ever seen a trailor I could fit my cab under.... sounds fishy

·
Son of a drag racer
467 Posts
Like I said I didn't go that far in. It was enough that if I would have hit the brakes I would have definitely got hit by one of his tires.

·
Banned
124 Posts
i almost drowned when i deployed to guam a couple of years ago, got caught in the rip current and pulled under by a wave, got smashed up against coral...yea, bad stuff

·
The Blue Pwns Joo!
1,901 Posts
I was in the hospital a few years back for a stomach infection, and the idiot ass nursing student/intern, or whatever she was, didn't clear all the air out of an IV line she was puttin in my arm. Watched the bubble go in and felt it head all the way to my heart... luckily a doc who actually knew what he was doing was there and did what needed to be done. I dont remember exactly what they did, as I passed out from the pain shortly after it all started.

Granted, the chick was learning how to do something, which is the only reason she wasn't sued into the ground, but GOD DAMN. lol

·
Son of a drag racer
467 Posts
yea me either, if u fit under it why not just go compleat F&F style.

I'm bagged and don't think I've ever seen a trailor I could fit my cab under.... sounds fishy
I couldn't go all the way under, just under a small part of the trailer. If I went completely under it I would have got stuck like that pic of the caviler in the motivational poster thread except I would have ran into a steal beam in the middle just under the box of the trailer.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts