S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i went out to my truck to see how to get my Head unit off.. (my system came) and 1st question....... I think i need to take my Bezel off, but how? w/o breaking it? and 2nd, how does the Head unit come out...

i just dont want to fuk something up.. so i'm making sure i do it right..

Thanks for all your help.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
There are 4 7mm bolts under the dash you need to remove, then pull down on the plastic piece underneath the steering wheel, it should pull apart. There is one more 7mm bolt above the gauge cluster holding the bezel on. Once that is removed, pull the bezel off. There are several clips holding it on, so be careful not to mess those up when you pull it off. You'll also have to disconnect wiring harness for the headlight switch and airbag switch. After you get the bezel off, there are 2 more 7mm bolts(I think they're the same size) holding the head unit in. Remove them and pull it out. :thumbup:

moved to interior styling

·
HATEKILLDESTROY
4,655 Posts
hey GO its really easy just do what zy said. takes like 5 mins to get the bezel off. then your home free. if youd like me to help id be glad to, i just quit my job at lowes today!

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THRICE said:
hey GO its really easy just do what zy said. takes like 5 mins to get the bezel off. then your home free. if youd like me to help id be glad to, i just quit my job at lowes today!

:2far: you never got me my free wood! :bawl2: but i think i can get it, my dads gonna help me get in this weekend! stepshaver still not done at ECC! :( maybe by the end of the month? :dunno:

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zYgoTe said:
There are 4 7mm bolts under the dash you need to remove, then pull down on the plastic piece underneath the steering wheel, it should pull apart. There is one more 7mm bolt above the gauge cluster holding the bezel on. Once that is removed, pull the bezel off. There are several clips holding it on, so be careful not to mess those up when you pull it off. You'll also have to disconnect wiring harness for the headlight switch and airbag switch. After you get the bezel off, there are 2 more 7mm bolts(I think they're the same size) holding the head unit in. Remove them and pull it out. :thumbup:

moved to interior styling

THANKS! thats exactly what i needed! :)

thanks for moving it t00

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THRICE said:
i never got myself free wood!! lol. thats cool. gotta go look for a new job now. and end of the month will be perfect for me. i can do it anytime now! lmao
lol stupid ECC their taking FOREVER to do it...... :cry:

·
HATEKILLDESTROY
4,655 Posts
ya wtf man! lol also i might be doing some work on another d00ds truck on this forum as well. he needs his rollpan and mirrors painted as well. so i might just get him out of the way and then by that time hopefully your ish will be in

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Watch the hazard switch when pulling that bezel off!! Many-a-people have had to replace them cause they snapped off and it started doing weird things..it ain't cheap either..

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya im just going to be very careful

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
Inferno Sonoma said:
Watch the hazard switch when pulling that bezel off!! Many-a-people have had to replace them cause they snapped off and it started doing weird things..it ain't cheap either..
HOLY HELL YES!! LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!

mines a 95 so the dash comes off a bit differently but anyways, in putting it back on i snapped the hazard switch off....HOLY FOCK...if that thing isnt locked in a certain position your hazards will always stay on, making you battery die...also, if it isnt in far enuff you turn signals will be all focked up and will blink sparatically...I called the dealer and they wanted some outrageous price for that little plastic piece of crap...LIKE $200!!
because it runs the length of the steering column.

BUT...Since i like to roll ghetto i slapped some hot glue down the hole and held in in the right position til it set right...NO HAZARDS FOR ME...but least everything else works!

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
So what all did you get for you system? which cd player and everything? You got a mounting kit and wiring harness for the aftermarket deck right?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wish the person that stole my cd player would have read this thread. Now i have a cracked bezle up by the middle air vents. actually its at the top of the blank piece beside the vents. and because of this i cant put my bezel on all the way and need a new one. All that for a cheap $100 aiwa cd player. what dumbasses/

·
HATEKILLDESTROY
4,655 Posts
s-10havoc said:
I wish the person that stole my cd player would have read this thread. Now i have a cracked bezle up by the middle air vents. actually its at the top of the blank piece beside the vents. and because of this i cant put my bezel on all the way and need a new one. All that for a cheap $100 aiwa cd player. what dumbasses/
want to buy mine?:phil:

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
s-10havoc said:

ya after my system is in... time to limo the back windows.. and darken the side.. i dont want anyone looking in and be like. O SHIT i want that. and fuk up the truck.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THRICE said:
thats what i did. double limo over the factory tint. no window shopping on my truck!

yep i aint gonna be leaving my truck at any raging water parking lot or goin to LA for a while! :thumbdown

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nothing at all! :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts