S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Well, the flames look to be the actual tailight still. What i would do is make a template/cutout of the flames and the paint the rest of the taillight black.

But that's just me.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
How about window tint and a very careful X-Acto job. Heck, you could even cut the tint before you put it on then apply it just like it was going on a window! You could paint the white highlights on to the film? Does this sound do'able? If you decide to do it take a lot of pice so that we can tell what is going on!

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
After giving it some thought here is what I come up with!

Cut out a card-stock template of your lens. You could even use one of those heavy brown hanging folders (could steal one from work or schools office!)

Cut the tint to fit the template

Cut the flames out of the tint piece

Apply the tint

Paint the highlights on the tint

Done!

Hadley Hellhound, you are a genius! This will probably be my next mod!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
VHT makes a transparent tailight tint called Night Shades. This should be perfect for what you want to do.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After extinsive research, I've decided that I'm going to use what is called spray tint. I'm told it holds up better than the film. I'm going to start on it later on this week.(I'm too busy with my door panel, I don't know who got that in my head ;) ) I'll take pictures and let you guys know. As for the pattern I'm told your local Office Depot can transfer your pattern onto mylar film. Let me mess mine up first, besides I have a spare set anyway!:evilg: ;)

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Good work! I think I'm gonna try the tint first and see if I can get it to lay flat on the lens. IF not I'll look at doing the spray tint.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd put a cleer coat on the tint if it does. Tint on the out side might try to peel off after it gets exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been everywhere in town and I can't find Night Shades or anything similar. I'm going to the custom autoparts shop and look before work tomorrow. If they don't have it, is there any place on the net where I can order it? Oh yeah, rhenry01, my door panels are coming along very nicely and they look sweet! I'm painting the panel around the lock yellow and I have to go looking for some matterial to cover the bottom panel tomorrow.

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
I did it

I made those taillights with a buddy of mine and i'm just waitn to get the pics developed so ican scan'em

It looks phat at night but you cant really tell during the day on mine

·
14,970 Posts
Hadley Hellhound said:
I have been everywhere in town and I can't find Night Shades or anything similar. I'm going to the custom autoparts shop and look before work tomorrow. If they don't have it, is there any place on the net where I can order it? Oh yeah, rhenry01, my door panels are coming along very nicely and they look sweet! I'm painting the panel around the lock yellow and I have to go looking for some matterial to cover the bottom panel tomorrow.
I ordered it from Summit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts