S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 S10 Tahoe 4X4 Extended Cab 2.8l V6
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have chrome plates at the bottom of the body and bed and I was wondering if they're worth keeping, if they're junk, and how common are they?
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Auto part

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
chrome rocker trim was the shiznit in the early 90s. It was one of the hot things to have. Good luck trying to remove it, youll most likely do more damage than good.
It is rare, if theyre in good shape, id keep them..

·
Been there Done it
15,261 Posts
Those of us who live in the salt belt recognize them as a way to hide much evil. You desert guys just think they're purdy.
In the crows case, since it has rockers still intact the PO must've been lookin for the look.
Here in the frozen tundra there likely wouldn't be any rocker panel still there
Did you know in WI and IL they put down a 20 ton truck load of salt every year on just 1 mile of 4 lane highway. 5 tons/ lane mile is the average. You'd think after 75 years of that we'd have salt water fish in our ground water or at least salt water crocs.

Reactions: Crowblique

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,628 Posts
Those of us who live in the salt belt recognize them as a way to hide much evil. You desert guys just think they're purdy.
In the crows case, since it has rockers still intact the PO must've been lookin for the look.
Here in the frozen tundra there likely wouldn't be any rocker panel still there
Did you know in WI and IL they put down a 20 ton truck load of salt every year on just 1 mile of 4 lane highway. 5 tons/ lane mile is the average. You'd think after 75 years of that we'd have salt water fish in our ground water or at least salt water crocs.
Water softener.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not as common as the missing body panels beneath them.

“Snakeblinders” is the colloquial term, and the lack thereof is one of the main reasons I bought my 442 over a Cutlass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts