S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know a couple of questions, Iwant to know how to make my truck fsat enough to hang with v-tech motors in honda civics is it possible? also i want to make my truck sound like a raced out rice rocket how should i do that? Would a glass pack work? Thanksred :confused:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
????????

just out of curiosity....... why would you want to?:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to be able to romp rice rockets

I like it when it sounds good when the rpms are high, do you think a 5/6 drop with 17in wheels would be good for right now on my 98 s10 xtra cab

·
Registered
217 Posts
if you wantto sound like a rice rocket its a simple job

1) lift truck up on passenger side and get under it

2)disconect cat from rest of exhaust

3) bolt everything back up with cat off to one side

4) take truck off jack

5) start truck, go find honda type import

then come back on here and tell us what happened:bash: :bah:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good technique, truckracer, but I think mine is better. What I did on my truck was: Go to the hardware store and buy 1/8 of a mile of some heavy duty cable. Have them install a hook at each end. Now, go out in the middle of nowhere and find a nice straight stretch of highway. Go find a big ass tree and hook one end of the cable around it. Coil the remainder of the cable behind your truck neatly so it can unwind easily. Attach the cable right in front of that catalytic converter. Hop in your truck, put it in drive and floor it. Run the quarter mile. About halfway through, you will hear a VERY loud crashing sound. Don't worry, though, that is just the little guys working under your truck installing your RICE exhaust. Immediately after the loud crashing sound, you may start to skid a little so make sure to counter steer to keep control of your vehicle. Voila!!! Rice exhaust! My way may not be as cheap, but hey, what high rice performance exhaust is?? Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
just buy one of those japanese mufflers with a 9" tip and it'll be all good;)

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I think almost any exhaust on a 2.2 is going to sound "ricey" I think mine sounds riced out and I have a cherry bomb vortex (not glasspacks!! Was supposed to give a more subtle flowmaster sound)

When its high in revs, it sounds ricey

Caleb

·
Registered
217 Posts
actually on my 2.2 i have it set up pretty dam well and ive been mistaken many timesfor being a 6 cyl and twice for having a small 8 cyl just by sound alone

HEY PROFLO'DS10 that was a killer response i may have to tell some of the honda fools i know that want to have an exhaust just for sound to try that HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:evilg::scary: :bash: :bah: :drinkhaha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts