41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
KdawgS10 said:
with out machening a bunch of your own parts this is my idea

I know its not to scale

but the only thing I cant really figure out in my head is how to keep the micro switch active while it fully dumps.

also the intake for the small cyl is ment to be at 200psi to.

What mine will work like,

White box is the controll center relays timers and such.

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
KdawgS10 said:
Yeah I have never heard of anything like that. I have a fullsize oxy-acetylene setup, air compressor, a couple engine blocks, argon tank, and a nitrogen tank all sittin in my workshop. And I know many other people that have similar setups as me with no problems. Maybe it is just Kansas.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
we have these at the fire dept for filling our scba the thing is like 6 feet tall but it fills to 2216psi with no problem at all we fill 10 bottles at a wack but when we fill our huge tanks on our cascade to 3600psi for 3 tanks it takes about 20 min but that is a shit load of air enough to run bags for a month if u dont play to much

·
Registered
853 Posts
I will have an amplifier on my twin engined truck to make 400-450 PSI air. I will probably end up buying a brand new smaller model. That big one could eat 87 SCFM of 150 PSI air

Hadn't considered building my own but the designs above are pretty reasonable its just a pressure ratio system.

Once I get everything functional and have shown the truck at a major show, I'll post.up.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
bigjsp said:
I will have an amplifier on my twin engined truck to make 400-450 PSI air. I will probably end up buying a brand new smaller model. That big one could eat 87 SCFM of 150 PSI air

Hadn't considered building my own but the designs above are pretty reasonable its just a pressure ratio system.

Once I get everything functional and have shown the truck at a major show, I'll post.up.

What I have now not much but I have them connected together.

It is a 8" primary and a 4" secondary. so it is a doubler. 150PSI in 300PSI out.

·
Registered
853 Posts
DJDAudio said:
It is a 8" primary and a 4" secondary. so it is a doubler. 150PSI in 300PSI out.

if you are talking 8" diameter and 4" diameter

((8/2)**2)* 3.14 / ((4/2)**2)*3.14 = 4:1 :)

Its a quadroupler

but based on the pics I think you are already talking surface area though :(

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
bigjsp said:
if you are talking 8" diameter and 4" diameter

((8/2)**2)* 3.14 / ((4/2)**2)*3.14 = 4:1 :)

Its a quadroupler

but based on the pics I think you are already talking surface area though :(

ha ha you are correct I forgot the simple math lol,

Primary is 8" diameter piston and can produce 10,000lbs at 200PSi about the secondary is 4" diameter.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Just keeping you honest-------- Engineers never take any calculation for granted!

Damn it ---------------- now you got me thinking I should just build one.

Nice score on that 8" cylinder.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
we have one at work its either a two maybe a three stage amplifier but it also runs up to 6000psi.thats the external one for servicing the system. we have an onboard one about the size of two footballs does the same thing but it cost $200,000 gotta love lockheed martin

41 - 49 of 49 Posts