S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Wanna Race? To the ground
1,404 Posts
vio0633 said:
I still would like to know how you achieve this. Is it something where you have to take a compressor apart and modify?
You arn't the only one!
It looks like it would go between the compressor and the tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so you are saying, i could take a my viair 480c, my nitrogen type bottle, and one of these, my viair is 100% duty. So i would only have to run it like 29 minutes and have a nitrogen bottle full of air with the same pressure as if it were filled with nitrogen?

i can usually go a good two weeks on bottle if i dont play with it too much. i wouldnt mind if my compressor turned on the whole time i was driving around one day and not come on again for a week. sounds good to me!!!

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ok the exact number is

20:1 compression ratio

so it takes 20 viair 450's to = 1CFM at 3,000PSI

so that breaks down to this,

(2) viair 450's fill a 220 cu ft. bottle at 100PSI to 3,000PSI
will take,
2.5 days non stop running. lol

I viair 480 or 450 are not 100% duty.

only if you run them at 100PSI and under and if only you find a way to keep them at 70F and under.

BUT,
A shop compressor that is 14CFM at 100PSI can fill the same nitro tank
in 4.31 hours

so there you go your own home fill station ;)
lol

Like I said I have the parts I am going to build one soon.

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
i'd really like to get one of these amplifiers for my garage's compressor. it could be set up so i wouldn't run the amplifier off my viair in the truck, but i could still use the home compressor to fill a tank to like 2000 psi while she's just parked in the garage, then regulate it. i'd just keep the 450c in the truck in case i ever actually ran out of pressure.

·
Registered
645 Posts
DJDAudio said:
ok the exact number is

20:1 compression ratio

so it takes 20 viair 450's to = 1CFM at 3,000PSI

so that breaks down to this,

(2) viair 450's fill a 220 cu ft. bottle at 100PSI to 3,000PSI
will take,
2.5 days non stop running. lol

I viair 480 or 450 are not 100% duty.

only if you run them at 100PSI and under and if only you find a way to keep them at 70F and under.

BUT,
A shop compressor that is 14CFM at 100PSI can fill the same nitro tank
in 4.31 hours

so there you go your own home fill station ;)
lol

Like I said I have the parts I am going to build one soon.
humm, they are not as fast as i thought for a on board set up. but a great idea to fill nitrogen tanks at home. kick the compressor and amp on. let it fill a nitrogen tank, shut the valve to the tank and put the tank in thr trunk

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
im sure the cops and whoever else would find many fines if they found a home air amplificaton system in ur garage. with that high pressure im sure you would have to have a handling isence or something lol. damn good idea tho. i could hook it up at my uncles shop and hope nobody notices for a while lol.

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
97bagdS10 said:
im sure the cops and whoever else would find many fines if they found a home air amplificaton system in ur garage. with that high pressure im sure you would have to have a handling isence or something lol. damn good idea tho. i could hook it up at my uncles shop and hope nobody notices for a while lol.
What the hell are you talking about? Cops? Pffftt. They wouldn't even know what a air amplifier is. Plus you don't need a license either. Anybody can have a 2500psi nitrogen cylinder laying around.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bdydrp02s10 said:
What the hell are you talking about? Cops? Pffftt. They wouldn't even know what a air amplifier is. Plus you don't need a license either. Anybody can have a 2500psi nitrogen cylinder laying around.

well he is right,

To compress any air over 600PSI you need to be certified.

handling already compressed air is on thing making it is anouther.

even the 'means' of how you compress it has to be inspected lol

it is a saftly matter realy.

If needs be I may go that route .. if it does not cost to much ha ha

·
I got 2 much stuff
467 Posts
I just want a way to turn my 200psi york/oasis combo in to 400psi

please desine me a system to do so:D I will bulid one

also the air that is exausted from the amplifer. could it not beused to run a second amplifer? it will still be 200 psi when it comes out.

or you could plum it in to your air2 system to speed up the oginginal compressor

or both

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
KdawgS10 said:
I just want a way to turn my 200psi york/oasis combo in to 400psi

please desine me a system to do so:D I will bulid one

also the air that is exausted from the amplifer. could it not beused to run a second amplifer? it will still be 200 psi when it comes out.

or you could plum it in to your air2 system to speed up the oginginal compressor

or both
ha ha ha.

shhhh lol.

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
ya i got introuble by some BS inspection agence for haveing air tools and engine block in my garage when we were building a 383 for my bros blazer. out riding four wheelers and someone called the cops and they almost had a hey day with fines and shit. but sense i had the comp drained of air that day to let the water out the bottom i said i was just storing it lol. it was a industrial comp from work tho lol

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
97bagdS10 said:
ya i got introuble by some BS inspection agence for haveing air tools and engine block in my garage when we were building a 383 for my bros blazer. out riding four wheelers and someone called the cops and they almost had a hey day with fines and shit. but sense i had the comp drained of air that day to let the water out the bottom i said i was just storing it lol. it was a industrial comp from work tho lol

Damn that sounds shaddy. I would hate cops like that man.

nothing you did was wrong.

·
I got 2 much stuff
467 Posts
with out machening a bunch of your own parts this is my idea

I know its not to scale

but the only thing I cant really figure out in my head is how to keep the micro switch active while it fully dumps.

also the intake for the small cyl is ment to be at 200psi to.

·
I got 2 much stuff
467 Posts
97bagdS10 said:
strange

·
(Chaos)
1,811 Posts
doug you never stop working for us do you.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts