Drive Air Flow
High Pressure Air
Exhaust Flow

I am so going to have to make one of these lol,
There is like nothing to them .

·
Registered
645 Posts
ok, i have been looking at the links i found behind them pics......WOW!!! crazy stuff. one of them can make a compressor that does 150psi, and make it into 300psi. another can make 100 in to like 1000psi!! these things are the shit! but....the price can not be found and the rigth one to use must be decided. the one thing is. the air must be in a way, perfect. due to the seals and lub inside. dirty air must be clean and dry air must be lubed. so im thinking a viar 450 might be the shit on this bad boy! i wonder what the york would do? i mean you dont need a masive compessor. just need something that can run. now we need to enginer a 8 port tank that will take 2000psi...why? i dont know. maybe just safe to that area and stay around 500psi for us gravity impaired people

·
Registered
171 Posts
bagged-regal said:
ok, i have been looking at the links i found behind them pics......WOW!!! crazy stuff. one of them can make a compressor that does 150psi, and make it into 300psi. another can make 100 in to like 1000psi!! these things are the shit! but....the price can not be found and the rigth one to use must be decided. the one thing is. the air must be in a way, perfect. due to the seals and lub inside. dirty air must be clean and dry air must be lubed. so im thinking a viar 450 might be the shit on this bad boy! i wonder what the york would do? i mean you dont need a masive compessor. just need something that can run. now we need to enginer a 8 port tank that will take 2000psi...why? i dont know. maybe just safe to that area and stay around 500psi for us gravity impaired people
just use a nitrogen tank and regulate it

·
bumpin noma
1,287 Posts
Hawaiian Sonoma said:
I agree, I think we are over-engineering this a bit. Kinda works like a supercharger for air.
i disagree. If we could find an easy way to pump massive air without having to fill a bottle when it empties (nitrogen) or change oil weekly (EDC), I am all for it. However, I dont know anything about these amplifiers and the maintenance/cost of them

·
Registered
171 Posts
saber07 said:
i disagree. If we could find an easy way to pump massive air without having to fill a bottle when it empties (nitrogen) or change oil weekly (EDC), I am all for it. However, I dont know anything about these amplifiers and the maintenance/cost of them
k so hook ur comp up to that air pressure booster use a adjustable pressure switch set 175-200 psi when the air pressure booster hits 175-200 psi at the tank it will kill ur comp thus shuting down the air booster but as far as being safe i whould also run a kill switch and some kinda quick disconect for the ground on the comp just in case cause those things can put out thousnds of pounds of psi and last i heard an exploding tank isnt good for your health or ur truck

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
think of these like a floor jack in your garage you can lift a car with your bare hand but it takes ALOT of pumps with letle force to get HIGH pressure to lift the truck.

same thing with a amplifier.

A viair 450 will take almost 29 min to fill a 12 gal to 2,000PSI because this unit uses high volume low pressure and makes it low volume high pressure.

make sense?

about boosting pressure and maintaining speed,

That is part of my 'boost air' system and will be relesed soon.

any more questions on amplifiers post up happy to help.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nimbyfaygo said:
It looks based on the picture that you could indeed get very high psi. Although wouldn't it drop the CFM down quite a bit?
bingo almost 1/13th the speed :(

·
Wanna Race? To the ground
1,404 Posts
What kind of input/output ratio are we talking about?

I was thinking for example. Using a woofer to run the air amp. A speaker can pump amazing amounts of air, but at low pressure.
I have tried attaching reed valves to a very small sealed box. I never attached a gauge to it, but there was a whole lot of volume. I guessed 25 to 30 cfm out of a good 15in.
I wish I had an air amp to play around with. :(

·
Registered
645 Posts
DJDAudio said:
bingo almost 1/13th the speed :(
ahh yes. but putting this kinda pressur into a good store tank, regulate down to a good play pressure.... you can have your nitrogen play and speed. and never have to worrie about being stuck of out for the night.

and

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
23 Participants
ThorRacing01
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing