S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
i want this wheel
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted one shot of this elsewhere but didn't want this to get lost in an unrelated thread.
First, I cracked open the headlight housing using the oven method mentnion on this form, and looked at the cleared housing:

But I just didn't like it. Looked unfinished, compared to a cleared non-foglight housing. So I wondered what they would look like with smoked turn signals. I have to say I like it:

and with the led strips it looks even more better, except for one thing..

The inside of the lens has gotta be perfectly clean or it shows up vividly. Look at all the lint on my housing!

But I'll fix that before I seal 'em up.

It'll be a while yet before they get on the truck, I have a ton of bodywork to do.
So, Cleared or smoked?

·
i want this wheel
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the cellphone cam can't handle the light output. Cleaning the inside shouldn't be a big deal, and once i seal it up there should be no more issues.

I used Rustoleum Lens tint. I wet sanded the lens for good adhesion, and it laid down nice and smooth with a nice gloss. It remains to be seen how even it is with the turn signal illuminated, and I'm not sure if I'll even use the turn signal, I may use the LED's for turn/running lights.

Itwill be a long while before I get this installed, but I'll post pix when I do. Beer taste on a water budget:haha: means it will be a slow conversion envoy/sonoma conversion.

Or I might just get a wild hair and hang everything in primer...

·
i want this wheel
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've actually tried searching... i generally do since you can't ask anything on here without someone saying that shit... i guess mines broke.. lol but thanks anyway
search functions suck on most forums. The trick is not to give up, keep using different words and combination till It gives up the info.
That's how I found it.

·
i want this wheel
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is the led strip on the inside or the outside of the lense? and where did you get it? like which one?
Inside. Mine were made by Keep it clean. They fit right in the space between the turn lens and the bottom of the housing. I'll post a pic of that later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts