S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the new Mr. Clean Auto dry Carwash kit? It claims to give your car a fresh wash which gives you a clear no water spot finish without any need to dry. I am considering picking up one, but I figured i'd ask around and try to get a review or two first. Any help or info is appreciated. Thanks again!

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
ya i'm for sure going to go pick one up when i can find it! i hate washing the truck here in cali during the summer, it's impossible to wash then hurry and dry before it leaves water spots..

now i just need to find where i can buy it...... haven't found it yet

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I've got two of the "starter kits" and I have to say WOW!

I won them at the Nopi Nats this year in a drawing.

After going over the entire truck, I would say that there are only a few places where water stays, but that alone is freakin awsome. Only minimal drying is needed (nothing is perfect ya know). But it makes washing the truck SOOO much easier and faster.

You can order them from the website I believe but I can't remember the addy, so search around.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
No, not really. The soap has water softeners in it much like Jet Dry. That's the reason that it's able to dry w/o spots. The water's tension is so low that gravity just pulls it off. If you read the ingredients on the soap and on Jet Dry, the main ingredient in Jet Dry is also in their soap.

I wouldn't have thought to do that myself (using jet dry) but apparently the ppl who wash the car lot's cars a such around me use the same idea to wash the cars so that spots don't stay on the cars.

·
Registered
133 Posts
maybe this is a stupid question, but whats so bad about an automatic car wash? granted my truck is white and doesnt even show dirt that bad, but ive been nothing but pleased with the results.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
There's nothing really wrong with them, except for the one's with brushes leave tiny scratches and the touchless ones don't always get everything as well as some would want.

For me, washing my car just makes me feel better about owning it. Like I'm takin care of it ya know? haha, I know, sappy, but hell, I love my truck! haha

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I know exacly what you mean, while I was a senior in HS, I was able to detail my truck weekly. But now since my school has a policy of no washing cars in the dorm parkin lots (plenty of room btw) it doesn't get the same attention anymore.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey quick question, and i realize its off topic but if i post this in a new topic I know I'll just get flamed, but I noticed your truck is a Stepside, and I wondered what that meant. Does it have to do with box length? Whats fleetside mean?

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
Stepside means its bed isn't as wide. It has the steps on the sides of the tirewells. Fleetside means the side on the back portion is smooth all the awy back. Here's a pick of mine. Mine is fleetside.

My question about that wash is there anything special with the soap? If there isn't then I'd probly just use the filter to keep from getting spots while im drying it. If the soap is special I wonder if it'd be harsh on my wax. I wax mine often. I believe in keepin it clean as I can. :)

Brad

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Like I said above, the soap has water softeners in it. That's what makes the spots stay away. It's not really much at all to do with the filter (although it does help).

This is the same principle that Jet Dry goes with. When you use Jet Dry, it softens the water (less water tension). That way, the water sheets off the surface of whatever the water is on.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool. We have hard water around here so it has more of a tendancy to dry up quick and leave really white looking spots. It seems like the filter alone would help me, but with the other stuff it should work out good. How often must i buy replacement kits and all that other jive?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well for me, it seems the soap (in the small starter bottle) lasts like two good washings.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I got it and its great. Kragen sells it. That is where I got it. Filter lasts 3 washing but the soap is small. I just need to find where to buy refills. Havent seen them yet so I guess just online

1 - 20 of 42 Posts