S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my 2,500 that was owed to me by someone for working on their car, I am going to order my 3500 Yank Converter, and yes I know thats a bit high but since I am puttin in 3.73 rear gears and with what I want to do with my truck they said it would be fine.... I am gettin the Zexel Dif from SLP along with 3.73 gears, a Hypertech Programmer, 160 degree thermostat, B&M Shift Improver, and a bed cover :bah: Hope this converter is gunna be worth the 923.00 I am payin for it! I intend to post my ET's soon as I get it all in.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
3500 stall. WOW! Thats a bit much for a cam that tops out at 4400 H.P. wise. Most people have had real good luck running a 2800 with 3:73's.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea it seems a bit much for me too, but I went back and forth with the people about it but they say that it will be the best for my truck, I explained that just about everyone I know with a S10 use 2800 but I will just wait and see:rolleyes:

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unbolt the engine and trans move the engine forward a little bit rip out the old one and jam the new one in might wanna change out seals and all too i would give it a 6 on a scale from 1 to 10 of being hard

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
my buddy has the 3200 (he thought he had a 2800) but he can power brake it and it doesnt start to spin till 2700-2800 so i know it has to be at least a 3200. xtremelover has the 2800 and his power brakes at 2200=2300. 3500 is up there id like to see the results

tony

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
hey, quick question, i am gonna be swaping in a posi and 3.73 gears into my ex cab with a 4.3. what stall converter would you recommend for street use an occasonal racing (on the street :evilg: ) and where could i get it at? also Fast 98, let me know how hard it is to do yourself, i might do it to save a lil $$$.

·
Registered
745 Posts
converter stall

is a highly misunderstood matter!Please consider what you do more with your truck.Drag or Drive. At what rpm are you driving at normal cruising speed ?Dont go to much above that because your trans slips until you reach your stall speed ,which builds heat,which in turn hurts your tranny.Proven fact is that heat is the major cause of trans failure.Run a good cooler. Contrairy to what you here ,Braking and waiting for the tires to spin is NOT the way to check stall speed.it just doesnt work.The best thing to do is call a respectable company and let them choose for you. Dont waste your money on a hunch.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup i intend on running a cooler, and i have talked with the company alot about this didnt just wanna up and buy one for both reason on what it will do to my truck and the amount of money i am spendin on it

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
$900 for a stall 'Vert!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

damn, thats just tooooooooooooo much, maybe I'm just used to the $150-200 ones I can get for my TH400 equip'd firebird

1 - 13 of 13 Posts