S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I'm cool.
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I think this is the right section to post this in so here goes. I'm bagging the front of my truck this weekend with 4 valves, and I want to hook up the auxillary button on my remote for my alarm to trigger the dump valves. How do i go about doing this? Also, is it possible to make it air back up? I only have 1 extra channel.

thanks

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Onelownismo said:
Ok I think this is the right section to post this in so here goes. I'm bagging the front of my truck this weekend with 4 valves, and I want to hook up the auxillary button on my remote for my alarm to trigger the dump valves. How do i go about doing this? Also, is it possible to make it air back up? I only have 1 extra channel.

thanks
I think all you would have to do is run a relay, and run a wire to each dump valve from that relay. But as for airing back up you'd propably need one more channel.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You could hook a relay up to the light flash output on the brain of your alarm, or the door lock trigger output on you alarm. The door lock would probably work better because you can set them to 500 miliseconds or 3 second pulse usually. Your truck should be able to air out in three seconds. You could do the same with the unlock pulse if you wanted it to lift as well. You may end up using 4 relays total if your alarm is negative trigger, but it would still work just as well. Have fun, let me know how it works out for you. :tup:

·
I'm cool.
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
s10nospeed said:
You could hook a relay up to the light flash output on the brain of your alarm, or the door lock trigger output on you alarm. The door lock would probably work better because you can set them to 500 miliseconds or 3 second pulse usually. Your truck should be able to air out in three seconds. You could do the same with the unlock pulse if you wanted it to lift as well. You may end up using 4 relays total if your alarm is negative trigger, but it would still work just as well. Have fun, let me know how it works out for you. :tup:
that sounds cool, i think it does have negative triggers for the lock and unlock outputs, once again tho, how do i wire this?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Your gonna need two channels,one for fill and one for dump. Youll take your aux output and trigger a relay with it. wiring it up depends on if it is a (-) or (+) trigger from the alarm. You will also need to diode isolate the trigger wires so that you will still have individual controls from your switch box. One diode for each valve you connect to the relay. You want the diodes to allow current to flow from the relay and out to the valves, but to block the flow from one valve to the relay and back out to the other valves. Depending on the speed of your system you may need a timer relay so that the one puls holds the relay open long enough to let all the air out. good luck.

·
I'm cool.
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
98s10inny said:
Your gonna need two channels,one for fill and one for dump. Youll take your aux output and trigger a relay with it. wiring it up depends on if it is a (-) or (+) trigger from the alarm. You will also need to diode isolate the trigger wires so that you will still have individual controls from your switch box. One diode for each valve you connect to the relay. You want the diodes to allow current to flow from the relay and out to the valves, but to block the flow from one valve to the relay and back out to the other valves. Depending on the speed of your system you may need a timer relay so that the one puls holds the relay open long enough to let all the air out. good luck.
thanks, this is why i was thinking of using my auxillary button instead of the unlock because you can hold it and it won't stop giving it power till you release it. Hmm... I hate to be a pain in the ass but can anyone draw me a wiring diagram for this? I don't know how to wire up relays, I'm pretty sure both my lock and unlock buttons have a negative pulse. And where can i get a timer relay? radioshack? thanks again

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Onelownismo said:
thanks, this is why i was thinking of using my auxillary button instead of the unlock because you can hold it and it won't stop giving it power till you release it. Hmm... I hate to be a pain in the ass but can anyone draw me a wiring diagram for this? I don't know how to wire up relays, I'm pretty sure both my lock and unlock buttons have a negative pulse. And where can i get a timer relay? radioshack? thanks again
Actually the new AVS switch boxes allow you to run your alarm through them so you can lay it out when you leave the truck. Kinda cool actually...you just need to get the AVS boxes with the big relay brain box it goes with the 9 switch ones.

·
FloridaTruckScene.com
5,190 Posts
vio0633 said:
Actually the new AVS switch boxes allow you to run your alarm through them so you can lay it out when you leave the truck. Kinda cool actually...you just need to get the AVS boxes with the big relay brain box it goes with the 9 switch ones.
nice.. i cant wait to buy it..

need an alarm first tho.. :haha:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Ok, on the relay you will see 4 or 5 prongs, if it is a 5 prong don't worry about 87a (the middle one). 85 needs constant ground (if positive output from brain). 86 then conects to the output on your alarm brain. Then 87 needs constant power, and 30 goes to your valves (with a diode for each valve).
...................................______________
...........to valves........l.............30...............l
...................................l................l................l
constant ground(-).l....85..l..----...l..86....l..(+)pos from brain pulse
...................................l............. ----.............l
constant power (+).l..............87..............l
...................................l______________l

I hope that picture turns out and everything works for you :tup:
be sure to let me know

·
Registered
917 Posts
Bad-S said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/30-40-AMP-12V-R...ryZ75389QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
would these relay/diodes work for this? i wanna do this with my shaved door kits spare channels.
Nope, those use the 87a terminal, and the diode needs to be inline with the dump valves. Well, you could use the relay, just not that harness, and I have honestly never seen a harness like that before, and it still doesn't make sence to me why they would design a relay with a diode between the pos and neg, idunno maybe I'm tipsey and just not looking at it right.

·
Registered
533 Posts
s10nospeed said:
Nope, those use the 87a terminal, and the diode needs to be inline with the dump valves. Well, you could use the relay, just not that harness, and I have honestly never seen a harness like that before, and it still doesn't make sence to me why they would design a relay with a diode between the pos and neg, idunno maybe I'm tipsey and just not looking at it right.[/QUOTE

You all are way to smart for me to the point driving me crazy

·
I'm cool.
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
s10nospeed said:
Ok, on the relay you will see 4 or 5 prongs, if it is a 5 prong don't worry about 87a (the middle one). 85 needs constant ground (if positive output from brain). 86 then conects to the output on your alarm brain. Then 87 needs constant power, and 30 goes to your valves (with a diode for each valve).
...................................______________
...........to valves........l.............30...............l
...................................l................l................l
constant ground(-).l....85..l..----...l..86....l..(+)pos from brain pulse
...................................l............. ----.............l
constant power (+).l..............87..............l
...................................l______________l

I hope that picture turns out and everything works for you :tup:
be sure to let me know
what if my alarm puts out a negative pulse? Thanks man i appreciate it.

·
pimpin an 87
72 Posts
hey man cant help u but i know u off of nissanminis.com(Project_nissan86)...just hope u figure it out..im no good with wiring either

·
Registered
917 Posts
Onelownismo said:
what if my alarm puts out a negative pulse? Thanks man i appreciate it.
If the alarm puts out a negative pulse you can just run 85 and 87 to constant power then 86 to the brain and 30 to the valves. Thats probably almost easier now that I think about it. good luck, let me know how it works out.

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
i think thats a cool idea. I have no idea of how to wire it, but I still think thats cool as hell to do in a high theft area.

Where I live, there are virtually no thefts of complete vehicles, but alot of theft on stereo items.....

good luck with the install bro, hope this works!!!! keep us updated!

·
Registered
510 Posts
s10nospeed said:
Nope, those use the 87a terminal, and the diode needs to be inline with the dump valves. Well, you could use the relay, just not that harness, and I have honestly never seen a harness like that before, and it still doesn't make sence to me why they would design a relay with a diode between the pos and neg, idunno maybe I'm tipsey and just not looking at it right.
The reason why is because of the coil on the relay.. to prevent voltage spikes when the coil is de-energized.

But yeah you need a diode for each dump valve, otherwise when you hit one switch, all the valves will trigger.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
anyone wanna make a diagram for those that are diode illiterate. i know how to wire a relay but know nothing about diodes

1 - 20 of 25 Posts